Statements?

wifiguys

Question

Is it possible to generate a statement of client account activity, rather than just invoices and showing a credit balance?

Since our customers are paying us to use our service, and our service is generating revenue for them, and we have billable fees / revshare items, we need to provide a statement.

IE:

Monthly services fees: -$300

Revenue generated: $1200

Transaction fees: -$150

Advertising Revshare revenue: $250

Total Earnings less Fees: $1000

I can create billable items and credit transactions to show that at the end of the month, a customer has a Credit balance of $1000. But I can't find any client-side statements of transactions so our customers know exactly what is happening.

21 answers to this question

Just furthering on this topic, is there any plans to enhance the statement functionality of WHMCS? What would be great is if the client got a statement with each invoice or reminder sent to them so they know exactly what is due.

We often have clients whom lose track of all their due invoices (and don't login to check) so having them listed on the reminders would be excellent.

I believe once opened, you can click "SAVE AS FILE" save it to your desktop and you can do what you want with it.

I'm not aware of any such functionality. It does have a "View printable version" link at the bottom, but no functionality to save it as a (pdf) file.

Also:

1. The links to the invoices are pointing towards the admin panel, so this is not really usable for sending to a client

2. In the description field, for transactions it should also list the transaction ID

3. It should also be possible to let clients generate their own statements directly from the client panel

Matt - could you comment on all this please?

Would like to see this also, a statement with a list of invoices and the total balance owing.

If you go to login as client this will display the total balance owing its just getting the client to login....

If this info could be send on a PDF would be great.

It still remains that you can do this manually but i agree there should be some way to email this directly in a printable format.

To do this manually, download the data to whatever format you want to, then open the pdf creater that you will surely find for free and install and then open the file into it, click save and you have a pdf to send to them.

Any update on this ? I really would like a better statement facility.

I'd like to see an option / tick box to automatically email a client a monthly pdf statement - if say, they have more than 1 invoice owing / or anything outstanding....

This is a good suggestion too

I wrote a PHP script that creates a PDF statement on the fly, which the client can download using a unique URL. Mine is set to display transactions in the past 2 years, but this can be changed easily. The script can be uploaded anywhere, it doesn't need to be on the same server or domain as WHMCS. All it needs is the WHMCS database info.

What I did then was create an email template in WHMCS called "Client Statement". I entered my text and hashed the client ID, name and email address to create the unique URL. Under a client's summary page, I can then select this template under "Send Email", and the client can then use the link in the email to download the PDF.

I can attach the script here. It should works for most clients, but the SQL query might need some work. I remember having to change it once or twice to work with customer credits. I'm pretty sure I was able to get it working, but if you don't use credits, it should definitely work without any modifications.

I've attached a sample of the statement, as it looks when it's downloaded. If anyone wants the script, let me know.

Statement.jpgStatement.jpg

Netlink

Can you plese sent me the script.

Regards

I wrote a PHP script that creates a PDF statement on the fly, which the client can download using a unique URL. Mine is set to display transactions in the past 2 years, but this can be changed easily. The script can be uploaded anywhere, it doesn't need to be on the same server or domain as WHMCS. All it needs is the WHMCS database info.

What I did then was create an email template in WHMCS called "Client Statement". I entered my text and hashed the client ID, name and email address to create the unique URL. Under a client's summary page, I can then select this template under "Send Email", and the client can then use the link in the email to download the PDF.

I can attach the script here. It should works for most clients, but the SQL query might need some work. I remember having to change it once or twice to work with customer credits. I'm pretty sure I was able to get it working, but if you don't use credits, it should definitely work without any modifications.

I've attached a sample of the statement, as it looks when it's downloaded. If anyone wants the script, let me know.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3974[/ATTACH]

I wrote a PHP script that creates a PDF statement on the fly' date=' which the client can download using a unique URL. Mine is set to display transactions in the past 2 years, but this can be changed easily. The script can be uploaded anywhere, it doesn't need to be on the same server or domain as WHMCS. All it needs is the WHMCS database info.

الجن السحر العين الطاقة المس الحسد الشيطان الطب البديل الرقية الرقاة

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3974[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3974[/ATTACH]

The 5.0.4 creditcard.php file has been modified with something causing an issue with credit card payments being accepted. It took me almost 1 week of going back and forth with WHMCS directly to realize that the staff were absolutely useless.

I received a response from one representative stating that the issue was with our "heavily modified cart" and a "sessions" variable, this was simply incorrect, we used the ?systpl variable to switch to the portal template of the cart supplied by WHMCS, guess what - the same issue occurred and we were still unable to accept credit card payments.

We created a FTP account for WHMCS as they "required" ftp access to fix this issue, we monitored their movements.

WHMCS downloaded all the hooks and modified 2 of the files by removing base64 code from them. I haven't brought this up in the ticket with WHMCS however no staff member even notified us of these changes..., luckily we had a backup and were able to compare the 2 files to see what WHMCS modified.

What frustrates me is that the staff are just putting the blame directly on our installation or our cart with no actual hard facts. Unfortunately Chris your response is what burned me the most, you stated that you used the systpl to make a payment via CC and that it worked - I then had myself and our lead WHMCS developer do the exact same thing by replacing the systpl to the "portal" which didn't actually allow the credit card payment to be processed or declined (using fake details), it just took the user back to the WHMCS login page upon completing their order.

The support supplied by the WHMCS staff is very unprofessional to say the least. The latest update has been an absolutely nightmare and has costed us lost time and money.

I have isolated the issue down to an issue with the actual 5.0.4 patch that was applied. To isolate the issue we simply applied the old 5.0.3 creditcard.php file back into the whmcs folder. We then tested a credit card payment which worked without any issues. So now were running an insecure version of the creditcard.php file thanks to WHMCS rolling out a bad patch.