Client Testimonials Addon v1.0.0

tsiedsma

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*edit*

Nevermind, i used the new testimonial_new.php and it works =)

Just had to edit the posts in PHPMyAdmin Manually..

Nice Mod! In my opinion better than: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=21216&highlight=submitreview.php

Just needs a few tweaks to be even better =P

For anyone that missed it:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=133952&postcount=25

Please also share any tweaks to this mod so I can add them to the future release.

For anyone that missed it:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showpost.php?p=133952&postcount=25

Please also share any tweaks to this mod so I can add them to the future release.

Will do!

Thinking about adding the date to when each testimonial was written. (it shows in admin but not for clients)

Option to show their website / email

Tweak the "Last Name" to only show 1 Letter. (some people don't like giving out their whole name)

Those are some of my ideas I will probably be coding soon. :) (unless you beat me to it! lol)

:) This is why i love open sourced items, the ability to tweak it for your own needs and share with others.

• 1 month later...
Why do people have to register just to get this addon ? Just another place that has my personal info in my view that is not needed unless 1) have to pay for it or 2) need support and it seems the support is given here.

Why are you posting worthless posts in my thread?

That's ok I got my last issue fixed for the other client review addon that was posted for free and not encoded.

BTW the question was legit... People like me don't like having needless accounts all over the net. Just ask how many people refuse to sign up on site to get something that is free. When you get your identity stolen from a insecure site you will get the picture.

Edited by sgrayban

That's ok I got my last issue fixed for the other client review addon that was posted for free and not encoded.

BTW the question was legit... People like me don't like having needless accounts all over the net. Just ask how many people refuse to sign up on site to get something that is free. When you get your identity stolen from a insecure site you will get the picture.

LOL!!! All of the information that is part of a signup process is public record. Also my mod isn't encoded! Get your facts straight!

Thread cleaned a bit, so lets just calm down here.

If you don't wish to register for the free script, don't. I didn't want to, so I don't get to use it. Simple.

Any more needless arguing may see the thread closed, mkay? ;)

Thank you sir, I understand it is impossible to make everyone happy, I just don't understand why people have to start arguments about silly things. If you want a module but don't like the terms, write your own, or just find another one. :)

Excellent module! Great work!

1. As others noticed.. the date is not passed to the admin area

2. If a testimonial is deleted... the customer should have the option to re-submit a new testimonial... isn't this the idea of the deletion? But seems that module doesn't allow that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The date issue was resolved a few posts back. The deleted issue was never a problem for me but I can fix in the next release.

When will you create a new release?

I have already tweaked your script up for my site; and want to know if it will be worth updating.

thanks.

When will you create a new release?

I have already tweaked your script up for my site; and want to know if it will be worth updating.

thanks.

I will probably be reworking the entire thing and changing the way alot of things are done. Please share your changes with me and I'll try to work them in.

• 3 weeks later...

I only made a few changes, such as adding the date of when the review was created, only posting the first name and first letter of last name from client. (You can check it out here -> https://www.my365host.com/clients/testimonials.php)

I believe that's all I did it along time ago.. Soon probably going to work on allowing the client to display their website link & package (if they choose).

Possibly also comments --- not sure about that yet though.