Client Testimonials Addon v1.0.0

tsiedsma

Allow your clients to post testimonials or reviews about your site or service(s). Then you can manage the testimonials / reviews from the Addons area of the Administrative console. At the same time, potential clients and site visitors can view the approved testimonials easily on your site.

This is not my first plugin / WHMCS modification, but it is the second one i've shared. For the purpose of support, the files are encoded. The plugin is free for now as I really need people to test it out.

See it in action at http://www.lithiumhosting.com

If you wish to test out the Client Testimonials Plugin, feel free to download it, but please post in this thread the following information:

Server Type: Dedicated or VPS

WHM / cPanel Version: cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2

Operating System: CENTOS 5.4 x86_64

WHMCS Version: 4.1.2

PHP Version: 5.2.11

MySQL Version: 5.0.85-community-log

The last 3 options are found in WHMCS -> Help -> Support Request

The first 3 you should know or can be found in cPanel.

I need this information to help track issues.

All bugs / feature requests and comments can be posted here or via the support ticket system.

You may download direct from my site. Feedback is strongly encouraged, criticism is welcome.

Download HERE!!!

Edited by bear
corrected link

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck of a nice web site and addon too!

Thank you very much, the site is actually undergoing a major renovation and will have a new look and feel after the first of the year.

awesome i will try out =)

Server Type: VPS

WHM / cPanel Version: cPanel 11.24.5-R38506 - WHM 11.24.2

Operating System: CENTOS 5.4 x86_64

PHP Version: 5.2.11

MySQL Version: 5.0.85-community-log

Awesome, let me know how it works.

Please report back your version information. Did you go into the addon modules part of the admin area to install the plugin as per the instructions?

does it support translations? all our user base is spanish.

Regards,

Yes it does, there is an included language file for the user side of things. The admin piece isn't setup for translations.

A nice feature: Auto rotate Testimonials on a side bar or homepage without refreshing.

This is planned. My site is undergoing a complete overhaul and I'm going to incorporate cycling testimonials on the front page. I'll release an update in the near future to add this functionality.

This one stops to work how to fix this problem

Ok, seriously? You need to provide information as requested above.

Also, be as specific as you can regarding the failure. Turn on debugging in your configuration.php file in the root of the WHMCS installation folder.

Report as much data as you can so I can fix it. Have you installed the latest version from my site? That might fix it.

Would it be possible to make it once a client has submited a review it removes the box and displays a message saying, Your review is now viewable on our website, If you would like to change your review, Please submit a support ticket?

You should be able to do that with the template. I'll see about passing an extra variable to the tpl file.

Bug report:

Not much information i can give unfortanetly,

Customers say sometimes they get a white page when they submit a review, Sometimes doesnt happen however

PHP Version: 5.2.9

MySQL Version: 5.1.30

Not sure if that information helps, All i've currently got however, made you could reproduce the error on your site for testing :)

Another nice feature to add is random sort the reviews displayed? currently just shows the 1st one added and so one, Could it be made random? :)

Loving the mod

That is very possible, and since the code is editable, you can change it yourself.

Replace the query in testimonials_json.php with this one:

$query = "SELECT cl.firstname, cl.lastname, cl.city, cl.state, cl.country, tm.quote  FROM mod_testimonials AS tm, tblclients as cl
                   WHERE tm.userid = cl.id
                     AND tm.status = 'Active'
                     ORDER BY RAND()";

Bug report:

Not much information i can give unfortanetly,

Customers say sometimes they get a white page when they submit a review, Sometimes doesnt happen however

PHP Version: 5.2.9

MySQL Version: 5.1.30

Not sure if that information helps, All i've currently got however, made you could reproduce the error on your site for testing :)

Can you turn debugging on in WHMCS and post a few as a test? I'm guessing there is a PHP error causing the white page. I'll do some testing but its been working fine for me forever. Try the latest version on the website and report back to me.

That is very possible, and since the code is editable, you can change it yourself.

Replace the query in testimonials_json.php with this one:

$query = "SELECT cl.firstname, cl.lastname, cl.city, cl.state, cl.country, tm.quote  FROM mod_testimonials AS tm, tblclients as cl
                   WHERE tm.userid = cl.id
                     AND tm.status = 'Active'
                     ORDER BY RAND()";

Working perfect cheers :)

Can you turn debugging on in WHMCS and post a few as a test? I'm guessing there is a PHP error causing the white page. I'll do some testing but its been working fine for me forever. Try the latest version on the website and report back to me.

Upgraded last night, tryed to reproduce error this morning, all seems to be working:)