Client Testimonials Addon v1.0.0

tsiedsma

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the add-on... only a few remarks

- After submitting a testiomonial, there is no feedback that the entry was submitted (yet it was, looking in the admin area). This was on the Chrome browser btw

- Is it possible to cloak the full name, town, province and country of the submitter? I can think of MANY people who would not submit a review wiith so much personal information given.... "John C from D, USA" would definitely be better, or better still, give the submitter an option to hide their full name/address ;)

- It would be awesome if on the main admin page, a little reminder was posted that a new review was submitted. I can just imagine how in the heat of the moment, we'd forget to check the addon module.

Those three points would make a nice feature perfect, thanks :)

Edited by Sophia
spelling, ack

I really like the add-on... only a few remarks

- After submitting a testiomonial, there is no feedback that the entry was submitted (yet it was, looking in the admin area). This was on the Chrome browser btw

- Is it possible to cloak the full name, town, province and country of the submitter? I can think of MANY people who would not submit a review wiith so much personal information given.... "John C from D, USA" would definitely be better, or better still, give the submitter an option to hide their full name/address ;)

- It would be awesome if on the main admin page, a little reminder was posted that a new review was submitted. I can just imagine how in the heat of the moment, we'd forget to check the addon module.

Those three points would make a nice feature perfect, thanks :)

You can change the template file to only display the details you want or how it is displayed.

As for the admin page, you could edit the admin template and add some php code to select testimonials that aren't approved.

I'll look into adding a confirmation that the testimonial was posted.

• 3 weeks later...
Not to be picky,

But you problerly want to make a install readme so that half the questions are covered and simple things cleared up.

Great mod though!

Feel free to modify the one that is included. It might be simple but it gets the point across and tells you where to put things.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded from the 'Downloads section' - If I run the 'Side Block' locally where WHMCS is located it shows fine.

Tried running it on another server since it uses direct linking I would assumed it worked remotely, It did not.

Added main 'Block Code' to WHMCS. (JavaScript)

Created a file called testimonials_remote.php

<?php

$testimonials = "http://whmcs-url.com/testimonials_json.php";

echo file_get_contents($testimonials);

?>

Load testimonials_remote.php to your site 'NOT' WHMCS site.

The JavaScript, Simply run it locally, place in your header as usual, don't forget to load the other JavaScript ( have that also remotely.

<script src="http://whmcs-url.com/javascript/quotator.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

json : "includes/testimonial_remote.php"

Then load the <div> tag for testimonials, In my case, I did id="testimonials" in my table.

Downloaded from the 'Downloads section' - If I run the 'Side Block' locally where WHMCS is located it shows fine.

Tried running it on another server since it uses direct linking I would assumed it worked remotely, It did not.

Added main 'Block Code' to WHMCS. (JavaScript)

Created a file called testimonials_remote.php

Load testimonials_remote.php to your site 'NOT' WHMCS site.

The JavaScript, Simply run it locally, place in your header as usual, don't forget to load the other JavaScript ( have that also remotely.

<script src="http://whmcs-url.com/javascript/quotator.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Then load the <div> tag for testimonials, In my case, I did id="testimonials" in my table.

What exactly was the issue? If I need to update the current release, I will.

say I have this working on my site and joe noes the coding used and then links to my site to show my Testimonials on his site.

a key with in the code within my whmcs and a key within the coded within my page that is outside of my whmcs and the 2 have to match to show any Testimonialson my page outside of my/ any whmcs.

are you talking about the whole testimonials package, or just the random rotator? The problem with the random rotator, is that since it is jquery, anyone would be able to grab the key and pull your testimonials. You could setup some referrer checking stuff in the testimonials_json.php file...

Just the random rotator as if I get it right this can be run from outside of WHMCS.

But there again you would need to be quite thick to try it now wish I had not posted this. opp sorry

Don't worry about it!

Would we be able to add a way of doing a review of active items that a client has so then the review then shows under each item?

Not without a full re-write or new module created altogether.

If you want to hide the form after submition or if a client has already submitted a review, wrap the form in testimonial_new.tpl in these IF statements.

Then it will only display "Thank you....." or "You have already submitted ....".

<p class="heading2">{$LANG.tn_introtext}</p>

{if $successful}<div class="successbox">{$LANG.tn_success}</div><br />{/if}
{if $errormessage}<div class="errorbox">{$errormessage}</div><br />{/if}

[color="red"][b]{if !$successful}
{if !$errormessage}[/b][/color]
<p>{$LANG.tn_details}</p>
<form method="post" name="newTestimonial>
<input type="hidden" name="uid" value="{$clientsdetails.id}" />
<table width="600" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" class="frame"><tr><td>
<table width="100%" cellpadding="2">
<tr><td width="150" class="fieldarea">{$LANG.tn_formname}</td><td>{$clientsdetails.firstname} {$clientsdetails.lastname}</td></tr>
<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.tn_formdate}</td><td>{$smarty.now|date_format:"%A, %B %e, %Y"}</td></tr>
<tr><td class="fieldarea">{$LANG.tn_formtestimonial}</td><td><textarea name="testimonial" rows="10" style="width: 99%; padding:2px; {if $errorMessage.testimonial}border: 1px solid red;{/if}">{$smarty.post.testimonial}</textarea></td></tr>
</table>
</td></tr></table>
<p><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit" /></p>
</form>
[color="red"][b]{/if}
{/if}[/b][/color]