Multiple Modules Available

Hey guys, we are going to be offering FREE MODULE DEVELOPMENT!...The only catch is you have to buy the module once we have finished creating it (Usually around $10). We think this is a pretty good deal, since you would usually pay at least $50-$100++ for a custom module. Just start posting ideas on what you want created here, and we'll pick the ones that we think will have the most interest!

Currently Working On:

HyperSpin Reseller Module

Planned:

None

Rejected:

None

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few of my ideas:

-- An accounting system: enter your server prices, staff costs, software, etc. then it calculates your monthly income based off your income shown in whmcs.

-- A staff chat module: A place where staff can chat with each other to resolve server issues, etc.

-- Sandwich module: Make me a sandwich when I get hungry.

to you accept private messages to tell you my ideas?

Sure, though why not just say them publicly so everyone can vote on them...My time is valuable so I am not going to make modules that only 1 person would want.

EDIT:

Sorry, no sandwich making! I'd say i'm a pretty good coder...but i'm not that good...yet!

We are going to code the Chat Feature, and we are going to look into the Accounting System

Edited by arcdigital
More Stuff...

Not trying to crap on the idea, but how is $10 free?

I thought about that.

What they are doing is fishing for ideas.

Then once they have the idea that will go the best they code the module and sell it ;) Its like a thread i started a while back (may have been another forum) baesd on the idea of you help me with testing and beta's ill give you a copy for nothing.

That said ill be watching the thread with great interest ;)

Not trying to crap on the idea, but how is $10 free?

Let's say you wanted someone to make a module for XYZ CP, you would pay $50-$100 for someone to make it. We will make the modules that people want with no cost to them for the development, and you just have to buy them @ a low licensing fee. You save LOTS of money.

The accounting one would be my top priority and one that I think should be included within WHMCS as standard. Again, coming from an accounting background this was something that I had intended looking at myself - depending on your timescales for starting/finishing this, I may still look at this myself as this is something that I need urgently

We will work on it as soon as the HyperSpin Module is done, I expect it to be done some time next week.

But that's not free module development. That's "give us some ideas, we'll develop the ones we think will sell the most and sell them cheaply". Not that there's anything wrong with that, it obviously makes sense to develop/sell what people are looking to buy.

And yes, we just got done paying $200 for some custom code.

Thanks zigzam :D

I suppose you are right keliix06...But, I did say module development ;), we are developing the modules that you guys want for free, you just have to pay for the license to use them. We will develop whatever features/etc in the modules want so it's almost like you are getting your own custom module developed.

We will work on it as soon as the HyperSpin Module is done, I expect it to be done some time next week.

If you have an idea of the functionality that you want to put in the accounting module, do you want to PM me and I will add my ideas to it and send them back to you. If you are going to work on it and complete it that quickly then more than happy to help out - I wont be able to even think about looking at any sort of development on this for a few weeks at least - too much paying work which is a nice place to be in I suppose :lol:

Ian

Hey guys, we are going to be offering FREE MODULE DEVELOPMENT!...The only catch is you have to buy the module once we have finished creating it (Usually around $10).

How much would you guys pay for an accounting module that did what redrat said? $50 lifetime license + $10/yr updates/support?

What happened to $10 to buy?

True colours coming out

Inflation rate 500% + $10/yr

Bear/Matt - Should this be in the Commercial section?

Yes, $50 for a full featured accounting module with many features... I said around $10 for basic modules like a server module, etc... Not an accounting module that is going to have tons of features.

I don't think this should be in the commercial section, because everyone doesn't look there... I am not actually selling anything via this thread.

How about a module to link in with SimpleDNS? So when a user account is suspended it pauses the SimpleDNS zone as well?

This would be ideal for Helm accounts as at the moment the only thing that happens on suspension by whmcs is the client is locked out of the panel, the domain stays live...

Hi

While $50 doesnt seem so much for a fully featured accounting module - it is massive jump up from the approx $10 that was originally quoted especially when you are looking to charge $10 a year from everyone as well. You can see why people are starting to have a problem and I think you might end up losing a lot of interest from people. I would suggest releasing your first module so that people can see the quality of your work because so far you havent done anything that people can judge you by.

Ian

It doesn't matter if everyone looks in commercial or not. You are using this thread to get ideas for modules to sell. That makes it commercial in nature.

Totally agreed, we (Sparky, Myself, et al) have to place our threads "where they are not seen" this one should be there too.