eNom Extended

n2972s

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a great piece of work!! I installed in 2 minutes and it works perfectly, I look forward to future updates.

Will be configuring the cron later and modding the admin page as instructed in the Utilities section in due course.

The addon is a great time saver and love it that we now don't have to login to enom directly, brilliant! It's far better than the enom interface :-)

My only concern, and this it not meant to knock the work that n2972s has done, but long term support for this addon like most contributions is at risk as it is not supported by the WHMCS software as an inclusive feature. Be great if n2972s could agree something with WHMCS to get this added to the core enom module.

In the mean I will make a donation a bit later, because this add-ons has great value to us at this time.

Donation made :-)

Keep up the great work!

I appreciate the support, thank you.

I know that I do not plan on going anywhere for awhile, but the concern with long term support is valid with any addon.

My only comment is I have been around hosting and selling domains through eNom for a number of years and do not have any plans to go in another direction. I need this module for my own work, which is one of the drivers, and until that changes...

Hi Gustave,

The Transfer Tracking zip that you have. Is this a fix for sending the Transfer Status to the Client?

Thanks

Keith,

No that was just to see if that fixed the mysql_connect error the thread above.

I had to purge my PM box, so I do not remember if your cron notice told you that the client email was "Error Sending Email" or "Not Sent"

Gustave

Keith,

Same link above, please download that file if your error was "Error Sending Email"

In the cron email if there is an error it should now give the actual error that the WHMCS API spits out instead of "Error Sending Email"

With the actual error, hopefully the answer is obvious.

Gustave

I tried this on a test environment at the weekend and fell at the first hurdle ;)

Despite the WHMCS enom module having the username/password (and therefore this mod shouldnt need them, just read it from the tblregistrars) it still asks for the details, but doesnt actually save them

Does it need globals on perhaps ?

I tried this on a test environment at the weekend and fell at the first hurdle ;)

Despite the WHMCS enom module having the username/password (and therefore this mod shouldnt need them, just read it from the tblregistrars) it still asks for the details, but doesnt actually save them

We don't have globals on and it saved them no problems.

I was having the cron problem, have uploaded the new one mentioned above and I get the following error -

PHP Warning:  include(): Unable to access ../../../../configuration.php in /my/path/was/here/subdomains/clients/httpdocs/modules/admin/enom_extended/cron/transfertracking.php on line 9

globals not required.

I have a ethical quandry pulling the enom information which is encrypted by Matt with a decrypt function that somehow made its way onto this forum.

To be honest I have not tried and do not even know if it works.

There is a reason he did this (encrypt the username and password), to protect the end user. I am not sure how the decrypt function made its way to the forum but my guess would be that it was not his intention to do so.

Did you get any errors of any kind? Were the tables created? (there should be four of them total)

I was having the cron problem, have uploaded the new one mentioned above and I get the following error -

PHP Warning:  include(): Unable to access ../../../../configuration.php in /my/path/was/here/subdomains/clients/httpdocs/modules/admin/enom_extended/cron/transfertracking.php on line 9

Is your configuration.php file stored somewhere other than the root WHMCS directory?

Gustave

decrypt() is a standard function to decrypt all of the passwords. Useful if you want to setup things like your own control panel login page, access the info in your own module, etc. Nothing shady going on and Matt's not trying to hide it.

Thanks, someone conveniently pointed out another method via PM 8)

I guess my question is why this is available then?? That is probably a discussion that could have a thread of its' own and instead of bringing it up here I will let it go.

This thread has been pretty active since it started earlier this month. I see that there is definitely interest in this module. Judging by the number of downloads it is definitely being used.

Thank you to everyone who has pointed out bugs so far, if you have had one and not told me please do.

I hope to have the next Beta up to download by the end of the weekend, and with the help of a PM the username and password input will no longer be needed.

Gustave

Thanks, someone conveniently pointed out another method via PM 8)

I guess my question is why this is available then?? That is probably a discussion that could have a thread of its' own and instead of bringing it up here I will let it go.

Not really a big discussion. It's available for the exact reasons I stated. WHMCS uses it for their own decryption (control panel logins, password displays in admin/client panels, etc). And it's made available for developers who need access to passwords in their own code.

It's also available using the API: http://wiki.whmcs.com/API:Decrypt_Password

globals not required.

I have a ethical quandry pulling the enom information which is encrypted by Matt with a decrypt function that somehow made its way onto this forum.

To be honest I have not tried and do not even know if it works.

There is a reason he did this (encrypt the username and password), to protect the end user. I am not sure how the decrypt function made its way to the forum but my guess would be that it was not his intention to do so.

Did you get any errors of any kind? Were the tables created? (there should be four of them total)

Gustave

I'm the one the one that posted the decrypt method. There is absolutely nothing wrong with using it. When you write a WHMCS admin module you have access to certain WHMCS functions. Matt even provides an API if you want to decrypt passwords with your own external application. The reason Matt did this is to have the info stored securely in the database. As soon as to ask people to enter it in config files again you've basically undone all the good that Matt was trying to accomplish!

Reply to the previous two posts.

I completely understand the reasoning behind having the function and why it is available. No issues there. I am onboard. 8) If it is available use it.

I am new to WHMCS, so my initial thought was that something like decrypt() would not be freely available.

I am about to post a new set of files. These files will give people the option of using the internal WHMCS information or enter it themselves.

NOTE: Both methods are encrypted. One is encrypted using Matt's method and decrypted using methods previously discussed. The Custom option is encrypted/decrypted internally to the addon.

Standing on small security related Soapbox

Here is my thought process in a nutshell and the basis for my argument to not have a decrypt function freely available for WHMCS.

Scenario 1

Hacker gets files onto your site, hacker want to decrypt your internal passwords from the WHMCS database. Not a problem he searches the forum here and knows exactly how to do it. No decoding of files necessary.

Scenario 2

Hacker gets files onto your site, wants to decrypt sensitive information. He searches the web/forums and can not find a function in WHMCS to do it. He needs to go the extra step of decoding files to figure it out.

My thought is at least make them go the extra mile to get the information out.

I hope the above explains my concern with having the function available. In the end it is probably a small argument but an argument none the less.

I would not be heart broken at all if in future releases of WHMCS decrypt() no longer worked.

Stepping off small security related Soapbox

How does this post relate to this addon? In 0.3 onward you can use the eNom username and password you have entered for your eNom Registar Module.

Gustave

BETA 0.3 - Download - Instructions

If there are any problems please post them here or PM me. I appreciate all who have tried this and provided feedback.

I have a few ideas of things that I want in the future, such as SSL Tracking, and an improved Client Side interface for domain management.

If there is something that you would like to see please let me know.

Changes

• Added option to use internal WHMCS eNom Username and Password
  • Changed encryption method for Custom eNom Username and Password
  • Added WHMCS Menu Item for Domain Detail
  • This allows you to go from the WHMCS clients domain page directly to the domain detail section of this addon.

• WHMCS menu.js changes to add link to Domain Detail

• Added debug page for curl error checking
  • Added configuration option to not use https when communicating with eNom ( Those without SSL compiled with curl )
  • Prevent email tracking messages when communication error occurs - Client and Update Messages
  • Change the cron command line for Transfer Tracking
  • If you use cron and Transfer Tracking please update your cron command line

• Added ability to change default nameservers
  • Added the following to the domain detail pages: Domains -> Click on Any Domain Name
  • Ability to Change General Settings

• Ability to Change Nameservers ( eNom Nameservers Only )

• Ability to Change Host Records ( eNom Nameservers Only )

• Ability to Change Email Settings - MX and MXE ( eNom Nameservers Only )

• Ability to Change Contact Info ( NOTE: Extended attributes for .us .ca and .uk domains only )

• Some page access warnings revised based on errors reported so date.
  • Resolved homepage and admin summary box when the active domains and expired domains are swapped.