Client Area Home Page

I totally agree with everything that Impact-John said and should merely add that sparky has gone out of his way to help me out with getting this mod working in a server environment that is not strictly compatible due to php.ini settings.

It's an awesome mod and sparky is also an awesome guy. Thanks sparky. ;)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DESCRIPTION

Layout changes to display more information to the customer with the ability

of Server logins for cPanel/WebMail/WHM(reseller), Plesk, and InterWorx for each hosted domain and the Outstanding Balance clearly visible. Also listing the last 5 announcements, Admin Message, Upcoming Domain Renewals, Due Invoices, Active Support Tickets.

CHANGES

• NEW - Added Auto SiteWorx login
  • NEW - Added Auto Plesk login
  • NEW - cpanelLogin.php is now changed to serverlogin.php
  • LAYOUT - Re-arranged the entire layout
  • LAYOUT - clean up and put comments into code
  • LAYOUT - adjust widths of tickets table
  • BUGFIX - fixed the percentage calculations
  • BUGFIX - Server type is now checked for login buttons
  • CHANGE - Upcoming domains table nolonger requires a db call to display table

I hope everyone likes the new layout.

Even with all the new features and fixes, the price stays the same at $7.50 AUD and FREE for those who have already purchased.

(Your download is waiting in your clientarea)

Note: For SiteWorx login an ini file on your server needs to be edited.

@Roy - Could you please post the change to the ini file.

Enjoy!

screenshot.jpg

Edited by sparky

I want to say Thank YOU Sparky! This is a awesome release.

@Roy - Could you please post the change to the ini file.

Now, if you have a InterWorx server there is a slight change to the iworx.ini file you will have to make, or have your server administrator make for you if you do not have root access to the server.

You will first need to edit the ~iworx/iworx.ini file and change this section

[iworx]

referercheck="1"

to

[iworx]

referercheck="0"

And that's it, your ready for remote login from Sparkys Mod from WHMCS.

[bUG] Currently the InterWorx Control Panel isn't working. The information that is being sent to the login page is: username/password/domain name

This needs to be changed to: email address/password/domain name

When WHMCS set ups a new hosting package on a InterWorx server it uses the email address that is in the clients Profile. Basically the username in the package (Product/Services) has no use in regards to logging in.

I personally made the change to the url the mod creates and took out the username and replaced with the correct email address and the login works perfectly.

Since I am not a programmer I am not sure where to make the change in the script.

Roy

[bUG] Currently the InterWorx Control Panel isn't working. The information that is being sent to the login page is: username/password/domain name

This needs to be changed to: email address/password/domain name

When WHMCS set ups a new hosting package on a InterWorx server it uses the email address that is in the clients Profile. Basically the username in the package (Product/Services) has no use in regards to logging in.

I personally made the change to the url the mod creates and took out the username and replaced with the correct email address and the login works perfectly.

Since I am not a programmer I am not sure where to make the change in the script.

Roy

The info that is sent to Iworx for the login is "email", "domain", "password", "action"

The info passed from the clientarea to "serverlogin.php" username/password/domain These are converted to the correct value within serverlogin.php

As I don't use either Plesk or Interworx there may possibly be a bug so if you have a problem with either of those. Please open a support ticket so that I may use the fix to help others.

The info passed from the clientarea to "serverlogin.php" username/password/domain These are converted to the correct value within serverlogin.php

Thus that is the issue, in the url string it is showing the "email" but placing the username as the value.

Here is a real URL string that I blocked out critical info and changed the real username

https://xxxxxxxxxx.com:2443/siteworx/?domain=xxxxxxxxx.com&email=testtest&password=xxxxxx&action=login

The "testtest" represents the actual customers username that is in the customers Product Details page in WHMCS. What should be the value of "email=" is the actual email address that is in the customers WHMCS Client profile.

I will go ahead and submit a Support Ticket.

Thanks for all the help Sparky.

@ R-n-R - No problem, as I do not use the Interworx module I believed or assumed that the username column from tblhosting should have the correct username(email in this case) to be able to log into the hosting panel.

I will alter that field to insert the client email address.

This may also be a problem for the plesk login. Can anyone that uses Plesk confirm this so that I can make the change there as well.

When an account is created in InterWorx the whmcs user email is used to create the account but the username field in the whmcs hosting account is not updated for a SiteWorx login.

To fix the problem I have coded an actionhook to update the whmcs hosting account username with the users whmcs email address.

To get the actionhook code login to your clientarea and download the ClientAreaHome mod. You will find the code in the readme file.

Edited by sparky

I just wanted to say, what a real pleasure it is to work with a real professional like Sparky.

I supplied Sparky with as much information as I could regarding the InterWorx login problem and he came up with a very nice solution. For those that use WHMCS and that use InterWorx as control panel here is a little back ground and the solution that will require an action hook to be added to your WHMCS install.

Background -

InterWorx requires three items to login to the end user control panel, SiteWorx. 1) E-mail Address 2) Password 3) Domain name

The Problem - The login sends over the email, however the email data is retrieved from the InterWorx Package (Product/Services) Username field that is created in WHMCS, and when WHMCS creates the package it takes the first 8 characters of the domain to create a Username. And then this 8 character username data is passed to InterWorx as an Email, and it’s obvious it isn’t a email address and the login attempt fails. (Note: When a new account is automatically created in SiteWorx from WHMCS the Username data is actually used for the "nickname" field. In my opinion, a worthless field in SiteWorx as it serves no real purpose that I see and the data can be anything.)

The Solution - The fix was going to be just grab the email address out of the customer’s profile, just like the WHMCS InterWorx module does when creating a new SiteWorx account on the InterWorx server. The problem with this is, if the customer should ever decide to change their email address in the future in WHMCS, and if they do NOT change the email address in SiteWorx the login to the SiteWorx Control Panel from WHMCS will fail, because the email address will have changed, thus now being the wrong email.

The fix for this Sparky created a hook for WHMCS and works very well. On a NEW site creation in WHMCS, once the site has been created on the InterWorx server, the hook then grabs the email address out of the customer Profile and populates the username field with that email that was used to create the actual SiteWorx CP account. Presto problem solved.

I tested this new set up and when I was logged in as the customer and clicked on the InterWorx button I was logged into the SiteWorx Control without issue. Nice work Sparky!

Edited by R-n-R
This post was being created when Sparky posted - removed code from the post.

Sparky you may want to change the "Account Statistics"

"Total Accounts" and "Hosting Accounts" display the same information but it should be

"Total Accounts" regardless if they are active or not and "Hosting Accounts" to display what is active.

Right now if you are a client and you have say 20 accounts but 1 of the accounts you no longer maintain so it has now expired the "Total Accounts" should say 20 and the "Hosting Accounts" should say 19, at the present time they both reflect the "Hosting Accounts" totals.

Now this might not be from your contribution and may be right from WHMCS but thought I would mention it in case it is from your contribution.

Sparky you may want to change the "Account Statistics"

"Total Accounts" and "Hosting Accounts" display the same information but it should be

"Total Accounts" regardless if they are active or not and "Hosting Accounts" to display what is active.

Right now if you are a client and you have say 20 accounts but 1 of the accounts you no longer maintain so it has now expired the "Total Accounts" should say 20 and the "Hosting Accounts" should say 19, at the present time they both reflect the "Hosting Accounts" totals.

Now this might not be from your contribution and may be right from WHMCS but thought I would mention it in case it is from your contribution.

Hover over top of a stats bar and look to the right of the bar!!

If you had 20 "Total Accounts" and one of them is set to anything other than "Active" then it will say "19 Active from (20)" and too the right 19 (20).

Out of the Total Accounts (your example 20) there may be 13 Hosting Accounts, 4 Other Accounts, 2 Server Accounts, 1 Reseller Account.

So if the "Total Accounts" is as above(19 (20)) and say it was a hosting account that was not active, then the hosting account says "12 Active from (13) and to the right 12 (13).

For your info, the "total" and "active" numbers come from whmcs code.

there is error on the expairy date of this product, it saids This version will expire on the 30th Feb 2009 but there is no such date of feb 30th

Hi, Wrong thread(should be in the cPanelTools thread) but Thank you, I did that on purpose just to see how long it would take and even if anyone would notice. A little over a week!! It is already corrected by the way.

I will open a new thread for this soon, so for the time being for further questions on the Plan Comparison, Please open a ticket for your enquiry.

Sparky, a bit off subject here, your "Plan Comparaion" contrib, on your website, how much of that is created by the script and how much is manually entered, do you have thread open for discussion on this contrib?

In answer to your question here. From admin => Config => Products & Services => Edit Product, the required values from the 3 tabs, Details, Pricing, & Module Settings are retrieved from the DB then sorted into their server type and then each assigned to a smarty variable in the newly created template.

From there these values can be entered into your custom hosting comparison page (Only within WHMCS root at the moment) and will automaticly change when you change the settings in admin.

There is a hosting comparison template file included for an example and also by inserting {debug} into the template file will list all of the newly assigned variables available for use.

So 100% of the variables are created by the script and if you use the example template you just need to change the plan number of the variable and its working.

Please keep this thread clean and open a ticket for further queries on the Plan Comparison Mod until I open its own thread.