Integration with domain reseller for .uk domains

fetish-hosting

Hi

What are people's opinions about the best domain reseller to use for .uk domains. There is obviously Nominet but this means signing up as a member and paying the annual fee which I will do eventually but the £400 joining fee plus £100 per year is a little more than I can justify at the moment as a startup.

Any and all opinions welcome !

Thanks

Ian

Neither 1and1 or 123-reg offer domain reseller services and therefore aren't supported by WHMCS.

We use eNom for .uk domains, however IPS tag change requests still need to be submitted via the helpdesk. We trialled transfers when ResellerClub first introduced them but weren't convinced, they've introduced their own kind of EPP key for .uk domains which proved unreliable...however that may have changed.

Edited by chickendippers

Heart Internet use an api style call, and Matt has a module for it. You will have to pay for it though.

Another domain company you can try is monsterdomains.com , I asked these while back but at the time they did not have one, but it was in development. So I assume the more people ask them, then they may do it quicker.

It has not bothered me so much now as I joined nominet to make things easier.

Mind if I ask how? WHMCS doesn't seem to have an option for this.

We have to do it outside of WHMCS, but it's a lot less hassle than submitting a ticket to ENOM.

Basically we just run a small asp script in a browser from a server where the IP is registered with ENOM

<form name="send" method="GET" action="http://reseller.enom.com/interface.asp?command=authorizetransfer&responsetype=HTML&encoding=yes">
<input type="hidden" name="command" value="authorizetransfer">
<input type="hidden" name="responsetype" value="HTML">
<input type="hidden" name="encoding" value="yes">
<input type="hidden" name="authorize" value="yes">
Enom Username = 
<input name="uid"><br>
Enom Password = 
<input name="pw"><br>
Domain Name = 
<input name="zone"><br>
New IPS Tag = 
<input name="receivingregistrar"><br>