Most RELIABLE Payment Gateway w/ Best Technology

dordal

For those of of you that have used a variety of payment gateways (or merchant provider/gateway combos), I'm curious what thoughts are on the:

1) most reliable gateway -- the company with the fastest system, most uptime, etc.

2) gateway with the best technology/user interface for managing transactions. A few of the systems I've used look like they were built in 1997 and haven't been updated since.

Of course, WHMCS must support the gateway in question. :-)

D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Been using Authorize.net for over 5 years and have rarely had issues plus they're one of the most supported payment gateways around.

Well put. We too have been using AuthNet for over 10 years. No issues, and hands down the best gateway we've used.

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke with PayPal rep.

I explained what our needs are.

1) We don't want our clients to be forwarded to different website to make a payment. Everything has to be done without leaving our website.

2) We need recurring billing

She said that PayPal Website Payments Pro for $30/month will fit our needs plus $30/month for recurring billing option = $60/month

Isn't it a lot of money?

Payment Pro is only $30. It is a little high but there is also a convience factor to using Paypal if you are here in the states.

They recently went from $20 to $30 and they had some block back from that, I dont think they are moving to $60 anytime soon. If they do, there will be a mass movement from them.

Jerel

Jerel,

$30 extra is for recurring billing option for WPP (website payments pro)

"Introducing Recurring Payments for Website Payments Pro

Now you can automatically bill your customers

What does it cost?

$30 per month in addition to the regular Website Payments Pro monthly fees."

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/ProRecurringPayments-outside

I just spoke with PayPal rep.

I explained what our needs are.

1) We don't want our clients to be forwarded to different website to make a payment. Everything has to be done without leaving our website.

2) We need recurring billing

She said that PayPal Website Payments Pro for $30/month will fit our needs plus $30/month for recurring billing option = $60/month

Isn't it a lot of money?

Correct me if I am wrong. But if you use Paypal's facility to generate recurring payments then you have to pay those $30 per month. Here you will be using WHMCS to do that for you. For paypal, it will be just general payments.

mns,

I'm just starting with WHMCS. I don't have an answer for you. I hope senior members will make it clear for us.

btw, why would anybody want to pay $60 or even $30 a month + processing fees if CDG Commerce can do it all for $10/month? Am I missing something here?

PayPal Pro is just $30 a month. I have never seen them charge $30 more for recurring subscriptions. The way that page is worded is kind of wierd. Here is the link that lists the features of PayPal pro.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_wp-pro-feature-list-outside

As to why to use them over CDG, I had problems signing up with CDG and never could get anything working. I tried and tried and eventually gave up. Too many problems for me to move forward. It all boils down to what do you want. For me, paying $20 more for Paypal is worth it from a convience standpoint. I would love to pay less but in the end, $20 is not going to break me and if it is, I have bigger problems.

All I can tell you is that I pay $30 a month and I can see the recurring section of my account and it does not charge me for using it.

For my $30, I get the ability to take PayPal payments, process credit cards via their gateway, use the Virtual Terminal, have recurring payments, and lots of other options.

Jerel

phenglai,

It was very unclear for me so I contacted PayPal customer service again.

Please wait while we connect you with a sales representative.

You are now chatting with Terry. For your security, PayPal representatives never ask for your account password.

Terry: Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Sales, how may I help you?

Tomasz: hi Terry

Tomasz: I need to process credit cards on our future website. We don't want to send client to paypal website. It has to be done without leaving our site.

Tomasz: Website Payments PRO looks fine

Tomasz: we will also need recurring billing

Terry: ok

Tomasz: we will use it with WHMCS

Tomasz: whmcs.com

Tomasz: all my friends that use paypal WPP with WHMCS say that they just pay $30/month

Tomasz: and they don't pay $30 additional for recurring billing

Terry: if you want to add recurring billing, then its an extra $30.

Terry: they signed up for the beta version of the product. They will start paying $30

Terry: it is live now

Terry: That is not true

Terry: I'm sorry that you have been misinformed, but that is how our pricing works here.

Tomasz: so please tell me more about beta ver

Terry: There is no beta version any longer. Merchants who signed up before we went live was not charged the fee for the service, but indicated they would once we went live. So they will start seeing the charge

Tomasz: when will you start to charge clients for recurring billing feature?

Terry: not sure I am not in the billing dept.

Phenglai,

I really hope you're right.

I'd love to hear more from users that use PayPal Website Payments Pro.