Changing prices

Boston

Hello,

Is there a way to change webhosting package prices so that all the recurring amounts etc. change for customers automaticly? Or do we have to change manually every customers recurring prices?

Manually it might best to do the changes in masses via mysql

• 2 months later...

While I can see that this is an easy option to do via mySQL ( if you have the tools ) but I think that as 'urevised' mentioned the option to update existing prices when updating any products ( domains included ) should be available.

An extra field could be added to the domain / hosting account record which indicated that that the price on that item was not to be changed. If you wanted to get really fancy, it could be set so that if your new price is lower than the existing price for that product then reduce the price but not raise the price if it is higher. That way existing customers can be protected from price rises if necessary.

So

0 = change regardless

1 = change if new price less than existng

Just a thought

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Yep, a query in phpMyAdmin would be the simplest and only way. Something like this:

UPDATE tblhosting SET amount='75' WHERE amount='100';

That example would change all recurring amounts of 100 to 75.

Matt

Hi,

Can you tell me what would be correct query to update domain prices from PMA ?

Renewal prices ?

Thanks

While I can see that this is an easy option to do via mySQL ( if you have the tools ) but I think that as 'urevised' mentioned the option to update existing prices when updating any products ( domains included ) should be available.

An extra field could be added to the domain / hosting account record which indicated that that the price on that item was not to be changed. If you wanted to get really fancy, it could be set so that if your new price is lower than the existing price for that product then reduce the price but not raise the price if it is higher. That way existing customers can be protected from price rises if necessary.

So

0 = change regardless

1 = change if new price less than existng

Just a thought

A good thought, and great idea :) I would like to vote for this option too. While I'd like to see some (bandwidth prices, VPS / dedicated / colocation, software license, etc) products prices update on all client's profiles, others (shared & reseller accounts) need not to change

• 4 months later...

I'm a little shocked that WHMCS works this way, in another system all reoccurring charges are taken from the main product plan prices set "Unless" a price override has been specifically set on the users plan. This to me is the logical way to do it and having to manually change the prices in SQL is less than ideal. I agree this needs to be implemented ASAP, when changing a price structure you should at least have the option to also update all customer prices.

Is this also the situation with domain renewals, if so, is it the renewal prices that is set for the customer or the registration price as these can be very different, also if our wholesale renewal price changes or exchange rates change I can see situations where customers could actually be paying less than we are being charged.

• 1 month later...