ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

FutureX

Just started getting this when I try to access the client area.  I can get to the admin area of WHMCS no problem and the client area was working fine until a day or so ago.  Trying to re-trace my steps on what changes.  When  I look at the Apache logs it's bouncing between these three locations:

GET /login HTTP/1.0" 302 890

GET /clientarea.php HTTP/1.0" 302 841

GET /?whmpca=login HTTP/1.0" 302 849

I'm not redirecting anything additional.  I checked the .htaccess file and it's what WHMCS wants per the General Settings

Full Friendly Rewrite / System-Detected 

Environment Mode Inspection is all green

Override is off

Auto-Manged Rewrite is On and synchronized.  The .htaccess rules are the same that are in the live .htaccess file.

Stumped

• WHMCS Technical Analyst

Hi there,

A redirect loop occurs when a website instructs your browser to redirect to a page, which then instructs your browser to redirect to a different page. This continues until your browser stops redirecting and signals that a redirect loop has occurred. This number varies from browser to browser, but is often about 21.

Typically, this is the result of a misconfiguration on the website or server.

We have a Troubleshooting a Redirect Loop guide that explains some probable causes and resolution steps for this issue.

• Checking WHMCS Configuration
  • Checking mod_rewrite Rules .htaccess
  • Cloudflare SSL

For detailed troubleshooting instructions, visit
https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/802231-troubleshooting-a-redirect-loop

5 hours ago, WHMCS Anwar said:

Hi there,

A redirect loop occurs when a website instructs your browser to redirect to a page, which then instructs your browser to redirect to a different page. This continues until your browser stops redirecting and signals that a redirect loop has occurred. This number varies from browser to browser, but is often about 21.

We have a Troubleshooting a Redirect Loop guide that explains some probable causes and resolution steps for this issue.

• Cloudflare SSL

https://help.whmcs.com/m/troubleshooting/l/802231-troubleshooting-a-redirect-loop

@WHMCS Anwar Thanks for the reply.  I tried those suggestions and nothing worked. 

4 hours ago, bear said:

Never seen that. An additional login; to what?

@bear Yes, strange.  I'm not sure where or what whmpca is? 

Now if I click "Hidden" on a product as soon as I Save I get this error (asterisks replace the domain name):

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'shortDescription' in 'field list' in /var/www/vhosts/****.****.com/httpdocs/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:485

The column 'short_description' does exist in the 'tblproducts' table but not     'shortDescription'

What does the vendor Illuminate do?

I've had WHMPress installed for a while but I did just install WCOP (Cart & Order Page) plugin.  I don't have the WCAP (Client Area ) plugin installed.  My front end website is on a separate server than the backend, WHMCS

10 minutes ago, leemahoney3 said:

whmpca is related to WHMPress.

Have you temporarily disabled all addons and hooks? Strange that nothing shows in any of logs.

@leemahoney3Yes!  Good call.  It was the WHMPress 'Helper'  AddOn.  Deactivating that solved the redirect problem.  Now I have to get with their tech support to find out why.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...
On 9/26/2022 at 9:47 AM, Norservers said:

Solved by ticket support. Fixed admin profile.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:43 AM, WHMCS Anwar said:

Hi there,

• Cloudflare SSL

The guide you reference sux and is 100% un helpful.