Any Freelancers Available?

EvolveInc

Hello there!

Our company recently converted to WHMCS and so far we appreciate what it has to offer, except in the way of customer service. We have the initial setup, but have questions in regards to programming, special features, setting up clients, the automated billing, etc. It would be truly beneficial to have someone be able to work directly with us to complete the tasks needed. Is there anyone in this community who is proficient in WHMCS and be willing to be hired as a Freelancer to work with us over the next week or so to complete our setup? Thank you for your time.

On 1/31/2022 at 9:14 PM, EvolveInc said:

Hello there!

Our company recently converted to WHMCS and so far we appreciate what it has to offer, except in the way of customer service. We have the initial setup, but have questions in regards to programming, special features, setting up clients, the automated billing, etc. It would be truly beneficial to have someone be able to work directly with us to complete the tasks needed. Is there anyone in this community who is proficient in WHMCS and be willing to be hired as a Freelancer to work with us over the next week or so to complete our setup? Thank you for your time.

You may contact @WHMCSServices

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 4:44 PM, EvolveInc said:

Hello there!

Seems there are not that many left to be honest. Most moved to a different solution and dropped WHMCS completely after their latest price increase and weird changes (and not listening to their customers, though the group becomes smaller every few months it seems).
Even brian! left... Which was the most helpful person on the community; always helping, thinking outside the box, coming up with solutions, fixes and workarounds. He was a valuable asset on the community and much better than support (no offence meant by this).
Alas he is no more on this community. Since he (and several others) left the community is becoming very quiet. I doubt WHMCS can continue like this for 1 or 2 years. But who am I?

Anyways, best of luck to find a freelancer!

Cheers...

If all they see here are complaints (and no one helping), it will likely go the way of most boards for products, and be closed down. Kayako made absurd pricing changes, stopped participating on the community, and it's totally gone now. Be ready, it's probably coming at some point that this will become announce only, or gone all together. 

3 minutes ago, bear said:

If all they see here are complaints (and no one helping), it will likely go the way of most boards for products, and be closed down. Kayako made absurd pricing changes, stopped participating on the community, and it's totally gone now. Be ready, it's probably coming at some point that this will become announce only, or gone all together. 

Funny you mention Kayako. We still use it. Have an "owned" license. Don't know what's it called. Though you cannot get official updates, but there are other ways. I can then update without hassle as the license we own is valid.

Funny thing is, is that Kayako uses Zendesk for their own support?! Very funny indeed.

Also, do you remember their forums? No staff was around and it was flooded with spam in the end... I hope not, but WHMCS is going that way as well probably.... Time will tell.

1 hour ago, -M- said:

Funny you mention Kayako. We still use it. Have an "owned" license. Don't know what's it called. Though you cannot get official updates, but there are other ways. I can then update without hassle as the license we own is valid.

If you're paying for a valid license, I'm not sure why you're unable to get official updates. 
I own several licenses, but don't use any since the subscription would cost a fortune. If I recall, it's $35/seat per month, with a 5 seat minimum. 
They use Zendesk because that's what the VC that bought them used. At first they made overtures saying they were moving it all over, but never did. Then some company in the portfolio released a desk under another name (GFI Helpdesk Fusion)....which had Kayako commenting all over it in the code. Much cheaper, but an older version that was fairly out of date (felt like they found the code and said "why not?". They added in some very obvious tracking stuff and plainly said there would be no further development like PHP7 support.

Back on topic. Feel free to PM if you have more to discuss on Kayako. 😉

19 hours ago, bear said:

Probably. I give it a year before they close this community down as the quality of posts starts to go down the hill with no active users engaging anymore.