Invoice Generation Issue

WebHostingPeople

Hi,

After new installation of v8  and delete all existing old files ,  Very Serious and Critical issue. We are  WHMCS user since 2013 but never faced such as issue. I have already open Ticket #LDR-595285 -   since 16th Dec 2021. Different different people are checking and giving answers  but no solution till now and blame to us. Neither you are accepting your bugs nor fixed issue.  Not only One client but facing with many clients.  

Invoices are not generating automatic itself on due date and service is suspend automatic and there is no notification , no reminder. We never create invoice manually. If problem in invoice we edit that invoice.

I am getting huge loss in business.

Please fix this bug immediate  otherwise I am switching other provider.

It was quite a big issue at one stage, I'd be tempted to try installing whmcs fresh as it's probably compounded problems over a series of terrible updates.

Unfortunately, as per usual they'll say it's the first ever time hearing about it and pretend to be puzzled - however its most likely just the coding approach they take! The headless chicken approach doesn't work for many, but they seem to have adopted it in sales, support, development and management departments to its full effect.  

The other issue is, nobody really knows what has been changed as the don't add everything to the changelog (most recent example - locking paying clients out of their own system) nobody was aware things had changed and we found out when they couldn't keep their licensing servers online yet again! 

I don't think you'll get a real answer from whmcs as I don't believe they know what causes it - just search on here and you'll see a myriad of complaints about it yet they'll act shocked and surprised at it happening, I totally understand when people say they're leaving as its completely frustrating dealing with them. Transparent, inefficient and clueless. 

I'm sure they're lovely people in real life, but trying to run a business and expecting it to work well is just a waste of time when they literally just repeat the party line of "we don't acknowledge fault or accept blame just pay us more for less..... have you seen our bottom of the barrel choices for marketconnect?"

• WHMCS John changed the title to Invoice Generation Issue
  • WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @WebHostingPeople

I'm pleased to see that our support team were able to help explain the Billing Logic operation, and how deleting invoices was blocking further invoices from being generated.

In the broad context; WHMCS will never generate duplicate invoices for the same service on the same Next Due Date. If a service renewal invoice is deleted, but you wish to generate a new invoice for a similar period, edit the client's Products/Service to move the Next Due Date forward by 1 day, then Save Changes.

This will allow a new invoice to be generated for almost the same period.

Additionally it was my personal pleasure to explain the operation of the Store Client Data Snapshot feature in the follow-up questions in your ticket.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Hi Mr. John,

Thanks a lot for some justified answer.

I had already asked  many time this issue since many years. But nobody described and investigated earlier this. I understood this issue now but facing another like this. I think that ha no solution till now. 

ISSUE:

After alteration anything in our company details  [ noted no clients]  General Settings> General > Pay To Text    ,  all previous invoices are update.

• WHMCS Support Manager

@WebHostingPeople,

That is correct. The Pay To Text is not client details, so won't be fixed by the Client Data Snapshot feature.

If you need to display different Pay To Text based upon invoice date, consider editing the viewinvoice.tpl and invpocepdf.tpl templates and adding the old text conditionally: https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/conditionals/