WHMCS admin panel login timeout

Joelj

Hi reader,

I've been having trouble logging in within certain times in my Administrator account for some time now.
Between exactly 12:00 and 18:00 PM I can't log in, when I enter my password and username I can still enter. As soon as I enter the 2FA code, I am timed out from the website and I just can't log in.

https://joeldejager.nl/cloud/WovE0/rEmAKEzA28.gif (Recording problem)

As you can see at the 2FA part when I click on login I get timed out and the website does nothing. Until the end that I only see the website offline screen for myself.
So I don't have this problem before 12:00 or after 18:00.

I've tried 4 other browsers, doesn't fix it.
Clearing cache doesn't fix it, google incoginito doesn't fix it.
I have tried to log in 2 other administrator accounts (without 2FA) and that does not work either.

I then tried to log in to an employee account without all permissions or administrator. I can log in there.
I have also tried other devices, phone and laptop, both have the same problem.

I don't see any errors in the WHMCS logs, nor do I see any errors in the web server logs or website logs.
Have recently reinstalled the web server to see if that solves the problem, not the case.

I am hopefully, hopefully someone has more ideas or possibly knows the cause of this....😣

Regards, Joel

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Joelj,

What entries you you see in the Configuration > System Log, at the time this issue starts?

What options are configured under Configuration > System Settings > Database Backups?

To hazard a guess, the backup process might be using up PHP resources. Consider disabling Email and FTP Backup, and switching to the cPanel Backup option instead: https://docs.whmcs.com/Backups#cPanel_Backup

HI @WHMCS John

Thanks a lot for spending time on this problem!

You are comming up with two good questions, I see that when it starts on 12:00 the cronjob also starts.

1/2022 12:00      Cron Job: Starting Daily Automation Tasks            GeenSystem/Automated

That message is did I found in the System Log. 

Than what you also said is to disable the E-mail backups, I disabled it because on this WHMCS installation It did not even work? 
But one problem is that I do not have a Cpanel, I'm using Directadmin...😕

Regards, Joel

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Joelj,

How have things been going with the backup disabled?

If it's been working since, then it would indicate the backup generation was using up all the available resources on your hosting account.

To confirm, you can re-enable it and run the daily automation tasks from the command line , this should show a resource exhausted error on-screen: https://help.whmcs.com/m/automation/l/683269-advanced-cron-troubleshooting

If you don't have WHMCS installed on a cPanel server, then I can suggest exploring other external backup options which don't require PHP to operate as an alternative (such as Jetbackup).