Premium Domain Transfers Don't Work

Mandalorian

It's been more than two years since we have been struggling with "premium domain transfers" and "pre-owned/afternic/sedo" domains on WHMCS.

WHMCS has a bug when adding Premium Domain transfers into shopping cart as they just display the standard domain transfer price (and renewal price).
As a result of pricing mismatch, the domain transfers don't work.

In December 2019, WHMCS had created a #CORE-14055 bug case for this back as far as I know.
Since then there hasn't been any resolution whatsoever.

This also means we cannot also register 'premium domains'.

I have already pulled my hair out over this and am wondering if anyone else has done the same.

5 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

In December 2019, WHMCS had created a #CORE-14055 bug case for this back as far as I know.
Since then there hasn't been any resolution whatsoever.

We've already established that WHMCS could care less about fixing bugs and they'll tell you 'you're the only one raising an issue about this'.

Which registrar are you using? If it's Resellerclub or LogicBoxes based, Marco at ResellerClub-Mods has a module or two that should help with this.

28 minutes ago, evolve hosting said:

We've already established that WHMCS could care less about fixing bugs and they'll tell you 'you're the only one raising an issue about this'.

Which registrar are you using? If it's Resellerclub or LogicBoxes based, Marco at ResellerClub-Mods has a module or two that should help with this.

That's so true, my friend. We're using Hexonet. 

This issue was raised with WHMCS over TWO YEARS AGO. 
I don't think I'll be able to run a serious business with WHMCS in this lifetime. ☹️

Thanks Fraz. Great to hear that they finally dive into patching our bug report regarding premium transfers. How much money Resellers may have lost with other registrars who just accepted premium transfers (for standard domain pricing)?

Anyways, one little step in a better world.

16 hours ago, PapaKai said:

Thanks Fraz. Great to hear that they finally dive into patching our bug report regarding premium transfers. How much money Resellers may have lost with other registrars who just accepted premium transfers (for standard domain pricing)?

Anyways, one little step in a better world.

Cheers, Kai 🙂
Thanks for always making a new track through the wild wild country that whmcs is. xx

4 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

UPDATE:  #CORE-14055 didn't get a mention in the 8.4 GA.

I checked their changelog 'til RC1 and CORE-14055 did not appear. That's why we did not start testing this feature.
Let me check this within the rest of this week, latest starting next week.

Kai

27 minutes ago, PapaKai said:

I checked their changelog 'til RC1 and CORE-14055 did not appear. That's why we did not start testing this feature.
Let me check this within the rest of this week, latest starting next week.

Kai

That's right, Kai.  It didn't get a mention in 8.4.0 beta 1 release.  According to WHMCS, it was an oversight and that the actual issue has been fixed in this release. Here is their response:

"I have checked our internal tracker and confirmed that code changes for case CORE-14055 were merged into the 8.4.0 beta 1 release, so it appears that the lack of mention in the applicable changelog ( https://docs.whmcs.com/Changelog:WHMCS_V8.4.0_Beta_1 ) may have been an oversight. The actual issue itself has been addressed."

Looking forward to your findings 🙂

39 minutes ago, WHMCS John said:

I can confirm that CORE-14055 was resolved in 8.4.0 Beta 1.

This is the kind of news I would like to read in "next release announcement" of yours ... IMHO much, much more useful than any "with this new version you can manage SSL Site Seals!!!" (seriously?!) 

• 2 months later...