Two WHMCS's and one Stripe

Filozof

I have a specific question...

So, I have one USA based company. I run main business on it and that's fine. It has it's own website, WHMCS, emails, Stripe payments etc.

Now, I'm launching another service, that will sell different services. It will be separate website, separate emails, separate branding, separate WHMCS etc. But the billing will go through that main company and it's Stripe account.

I assume it's ok to use the same Stripe credentials in both WHMCS's?

Does invoice numbering play important (legal) part here? Can I just name paid invoices in those WHMCS ie. A-123456 and B-123456 in those WHMCS's separately?

Not sure what's the best way to go with this...

Stripe, if you don't know - you can literally just add a new "company" in mins 🙂

we have about 18 brands, across different services/shops etc and no matter what country you're in- seperate brands is much better overall! 

Brands can all belong to one country - Steven is correct! Use different ones is the best advice! Your hairline will thank him later!

We're moving to a new card processing service soon because its financially beneficial to us but definitely save yourself the hassle now 🙂

Thanks for the feedback, guys @steven99 and @Bigol'tastynuggets. In the meantime I reached out to Stripe support and they told me that the best, fastest and simplest way is to have those under one Stripe company's account (in my case) and it doesn't matter if I use same or different API keys on those two WHMCS installs.

I'll just use 2 WHMCS's with different API keys and will just have different prefix for invoice numbering in those two, so I don't end up with duplicate invoice numbers in the end. For example, WHMCS#1 will have S-001, S-002, etc; WHMCS#2 will be M-001, M-002, etc.  as those will in the end belong to the same company.

Do you happen to know any helpdesk/support ticketing solution (like HelpDesk, Groove, HelpScout, etc) that allows you to fully create/customize ticket emails? Multibranding, too, perhaps. I searched and searched and all the same comes up...Intercom is just too expensive, Zendesk doesn't allow enough of customization, HelpDesk and Groove none, etc.

11 hours ago, Filozof said:

Do you happen to know any helpdesk/support ticketing solution (like HelpDesk, Groove, HelpScout, etc) that allows you to fully create/customize ticket emails? Multibranding, too, perhaps. I searched and searched and all the same comes up...Intercom is just too expensive, Zendesk doesn't allow enough of customization, HelpDesk and Groove none, etc.

SupportPal handles multi-branding very well and you can customize email templates. 

14 hours ago, Filozof said:

Thanks for the feedback, guys @steven99 and @Bigol'tastynuggets. In the meantime I reached out to Stripe support and they told me that the best, fastest and simplest way is to have those under one Stripe company's account (in my case) and it doesn't matter if I use same or different API keys on those two WHMCS installs.

I'll just use 2 WHMCS's with different API keys and will just have different prefix for invoice numbering in those two, so I don't end up with duplicate invoice numbers in the end. For example, WHMCS#1 will have S-001, S-002, etc; WHMCS#2 will be M-001, M-002, etc.  as those will in the end belong to the same company.

I can confirm that using two WHMCS with one Stripe account works well.

For Multibranding check Multibrand for WHMCS module from ModulesGarden. It's a good solution, but you will have issues with different payment gateways for each branding, especially if you got two different companies.

For example, you cannot use two PayPal/Stripe gateways for two different accounts(companies), because WHMCS cannot duplicate the gateways (for PayPal you can use old module, but only one Stripe gateway).

Edited by pRieStaKos