Reseller arrangements

Kian

Continuing from...

if you wish to continue discussing reseller arrangements I can split that off into its own thread.

I think we all want to continue discussing reseller program. Let me recap. We were asking this question (quoting Zomex).

You completely missed my point John.

The program has always been marketed as requiring the licenses to be sold bundled with hosting services even to this day your reseller program page confirms this. This is the reason I have ruled out your reseller program for the last 11 years.

Theme Metro are bundling the license with templates, not hosting services. So why have they been approved?

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 20.55.36.png

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 20.55.46.png

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 20.56.01.png

After several weeks, this is what was learned few hours ago from a ticket submitted by wsa.

Although we have some legacy resellers that are bundling with non-hosting related products we are no longer accepting new applications for this category of resellers. We officially only allow hosting companies that bundle WHMCS with their reseller hosting packages.

Regards,

Johnny Kim
Partner Manager
WHMCS, Ltd.

This raises other questions. Basically there are 2 groups of developers:

• As far as we know, Theme Metro is the only member of the lucky group that has been allowed to profit on WHMCS reseller program in contrast with rules. Good for him! He managed to get a very good backdoor deal
  • In the other group we have pretty much every other known developer. The same that have been ruled out from the reseller program for the last 15 years

Of course WHMCS can freely do what they want including favouring a developer at the expense of others. I guess we must accept that a competitor will play with an unfair advantage. As I said in another thread, he even asked me a partnership to help him abuse his position. It doesn't sound right to me.

I'm questioning what is the role of other developers in this scheme. What are we to WHMCS? I have the feeling we're just a bunch of developers not worthy of attention. I underline that I'm not angry or upset. I'm disappointed by how WHMCS fail to realize how such "special deals" negatively affect others. Why should a developer stay on this platform? Just to be repeatedly ignored and subject to "special deals" in contrast with written rules?

We've all been refused in the past. This includes the many providers that were trying to do what exactly what Theme Metro is doing in this precise moment. I'm confused 😵

Edited by Kian

1 hour ago, Kian said:
  • As far as we know, Theme Metro is the only member of the lucky group that has been allowed to profit on WHMCS reseller program in contrast with rules. Good for him! He managed to get a very good backdoor deal
  • In the other group we have pretty much every other known developer. The same that have been ruled out from the reseller program for the last 15 years

He that the only one I see WGS nothing personally is that not right at all 

Whmcs-Global-Services.png

Okay, it's even worse than I expected.

I don't know what WHMCS was thinking when they designed such an unbalanced working environment where X must follow the rules while Y can do whatever he wants. That's not about becoming resellers. It's just that WHMCS forbidden us to play with the same "weapons" preventing many developers and providers from joining their reseller program.

I guess we can pack our bags and disappear.

Edited by Kian

• 2 weeks later...

BTW: also Resellerclub (AFAIK, also part of Oakley's family, together with WHMCS, cPanel and Plesk) offers a "free" WHMCS license with his "Reseller" hosting packages (starting with "Advance" package, that give you 50 GB of storage, unlimited websites and 60 cPanel accounts for just 22 bucks/months... https://www.resellerclub.com/reseller-hosting 

It's not specified any number of account for the  "free" WHMCS provided, but the cPanel license for 60 account has a monthly value of about USD 0,30 x 60 =  18 ...

4 hours ago, Remitur said:

BTW: also Resellerclub (AFAIK, also part of Oakley's family, together with WHMCS, cPanel and Plesk)...

I don't think ResellerClub is anything to do with Oakley Capital, are they not a part of the EIG sh*tshow?  But if they were it would be a pretty serious conflict of interest to be offering free WHMCS  & cPanel (because if you are WHMCS  & cPanel then you can) if you buy their junk hosting.  

Edited by malfunction