Two Cron Directories

My web host provided WHMCS. I mangled the initial install and used Softaculous to uninstall. I re-installed and moved:
attachments, downloads and templates_c above the web root. Did the same for the Crons directory and made the necessary edits to the respective config files.

I just noticed a "WHMCSDATA" directory  that also has a Crons directory below it. The files in this Crons directory are newer and seem to be the same date of my re-install. The Crons directory I moved above the web root are from my original install. I must have overlooked removing that Crons dir when I preformed the uninstall.

Question is, What is the "WHMCSDATA" directory and should I delete the 'old' Crons dir and move that Crons dir above the web root?

crons.jpg

• 2 years later...

whmcsdata is not a standard folder from the WHMCS bundle. I have never used Softaculous to install WHMCS but my guess is that they created that folder. You could check the contents of it, save a copy of those folders / files on your local hard drive and then delete them from the server. Test and make sure everything is OK and if not, re upload those folders / files.