CSS issues

kwood

I am learning fast, and I have managed a number of changes myself. Thank you @brian! for you help and support. I have taken some of your teachings, and I have worked out a number of changes I wanted within my template. I try and do what I can before requesting for help, but I have exhausted all avenues.

I am trying to change the colours and some layouts of the invoice, for when you view it online, (not the PDF version, as I have managed these changes fine). I have tried all the attached CSS files attached. Invoice.css, Custom.css, overrides.css, Overwrite.css and also the all.min.css but this one I don't understand, as when I open it, I cannot find within it, what it is showing under the 'Inspection' tool of my browser.

So none of the above CSS files do not work in changing the layout. I even tried added the styles (style="background-attachment: #2E3192;") within the HTML tags in viewinvoice.tpl file and that doesn't even work, so I am not sure what else I can do?

Edited by kwood

4 minutes ago, kwood said:

I have tried all the attached CSS files attached. Invoice.css, Custom.css, overrides.css, Overwrite.css and also the all.min.css but this one I don't understand, as when I open it, I cannot find within it, what it is showing under the 'Inspection' tool of my browser.

it might depend on your theme, e.g if it were Six, then I would look at invoice.css; if it were 21, then it should be invoice.min.css (the minified file) and/or theme.min.css - in either case, it won't be custom.css

what are you trying to change ?

20 minutes ago, brian! said:

what are you trying to change ?

I am trying to alter the look of the invoice when it is viewed and printed (not pdf). I have done it I want it to look lik ein the pdf version, but I want it to look the same in the view invoice too

6 minutes ago, kwood said:

I am trying to alter the look of the invoice when it is viewed and printed (not pdf). I have done it I want it to look lik ein the pdf version, but I want it to look the same in the view invoice too

that sounds as though it would need more structural changes to the template rather than just CSS tweaks.... ensure that you're using a child or custom/renamed theme, otherwise a WHMCS update will overwrite your changes.

2 hours ago, kwood said:

On a different note, do you know how I can get rid of or move the Powered by WHMCompleteSolution? It just doesn't look right in the middle of my client area pages

The only legal way is to buy the branding free addon. That will remove it from the public pages, but not admin or emails to admins, etc. Because, we need to be advertised to for something we already know we're using. 😉

Oh ok, fair enough. Is there a way I can just move it into my page footer? I have searched it and found some examples, but they all seem to be on older versions. The current version I have (8.2) I cannot find it to place it in my footer.

There are/were threads here on this discussion board that went into details, but I'm fairly sure they were removed by mods. To the best of my knowledge the thing that calls that copyright and displays it is behind encryption (otherwise lots more would be removing it than already do). It's possible (and not recommended) to hide it with CSS or js, but that comes with the risk of someone noticing and disabling your license. 

13 hours ago, bear said:

There are/were threads here on this discussion board that went into details, but I'm fairly sure they were removed by mods. To the best of my knowledge the thing that calls that copyright and displays it is behind encryption (otherwise lots more would be removing it than already do). It's possible (and not recommended) to hide it with CSS or js, but that comes with the risk of someone noticing and disabling your license. 

I am not worried about removing it, i just want to place it in my footer in the bottom right-hand corner, but I am unable to find the referencing in CSS or JS to do so. Is there away of doing this, that you can advise please?

In my experience, Most people hide it even after purchasing the addon. Because of the daft rules requiring a fully "automated" company to log in x amout of days. For those of us who opt to just use external support systems and have a great customer base - and therefore would have no real need to log in every x amount of days if it worked as intended - We're still forced to log in or we get the branding slapped back on! 

Although, I fear if I tell people how - ChrisD will slap me with more naughty boy points for giving people viable workarounds to stupid issues. 

Edited by UnwilfulExpenditure
spelling

4 hours ago, kwood said:

I am not worried about removing it, i just want to place it in my footer in the bottom right-hand corner, but I am unable to find the referencing in CSS or JS to do so. Is there away of doing this, that you can advise please?

I think you miss the point - if there was code to move the Powered By line, then it could equally be used to move it off-screen, or hide it entirely etc.... if Ford build a car that can do 150mph down a motorway, it can equally be used either as a getaway car, or as a police pursuit vehicle.... the fact that you want to use it in a "good" way, doesn't prevent the same code being used in a "bad" way by others.

which is a long winded way to tell you that I doubt anyone here is going to tell you how to move it... assuming that it can even be moved in the way that you want.... I wouldn't even expect Support to tell you either... and note that you are asking this question of the official forums!

18 hours ago, kwood said:

Oh ok, fair enough. Is there a way I can just move it into my page footer? I have searched it and found some examples, but they all seem to be on older versions. The current version I have (8.2) I cannot find it to place it in my footer.

it would be technically possible to remove it using a hook and then, out of the goodness of your heart, manually (or via another hook) add a Powered By link back into the footer.... to be honest, I would question if WHMCS would even a) notice and b) care if you did that - and I mean both parts (removal/addition) and not just the first part (removal).... ultimately, the branding is still there.

.. and bear is right - this removal idea has been discussed here previously (including as recent as  this year) and has been removed... but frankly, if you can't find out how to do it elsewhere from this place, then you simply aren't trying.

31 minutes ago, brian! said:

but frankly, if you can't find out how to do it elsewhere from this place, then you simply aren't trying.

As I said in my question, I had looked, but they were in older versions and the fixes have been removed in the latest version, which I presume is a deliberate change. It was just a naive question. As i obviously could not find anything about it on this community. I will leave it as it is!