Hide free product from client view when active

20 hours ago, lulzkiller said:

Is it possible to hide this product, so its not visible for anyone in the client area when active ?

not from settings - you'd probably have to remove it from the relevant variable & arrays on the pages where it's mentioned. via hooks (or template changes).

3 minutes ago, Remitur said:

Yes: just mark it as "hidden" in products management

to hide it from the cart, but I took the question to be for a client who already has this product.... one of us will be right. 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 3:26 PM, brian! said:

not from settings - you'd probably have to remove it from the relevant variable & arrays on the pages where it's mentioned. via hooks (or template changes).

to hide it from the cart, but I took the question to be for a client who already has this product.... one of us will be right. 😎

You are correct - Its a free dns product, all clients have, so its no need for them to see it it can't do anything anyways. So i guess i have to hide it via templating ?

22 hours ago, lulzkiller said:

You are correct - Its a free dns product, all clients have, so its no need for them to see it it can't do anything anyways. So i guess i have to hide it via templating ?

Can be done via the ClientAreaPageCart hook, checking the $vars['products'] array against the client's active products and then unsetting products found and returning $vars or just $vars['products'] to do an override .  No template editing is needed and doing so would add logic that should not be in templates.