"verification email" - no visible evidence that it has been sent

As title says

Any way to include the "verification email sent" notice into the client's email history or the System Email Message Log?

At the moment, it does not seem to get logged anywhere that I can see - so how do we know if it has been sent?

While all other emails show fine - the verification email currently does not show in:

• Client > "Recent Emails"
  • System Email Message Log
  • System Activity Log

Unless I am missing something obvious.....

7 hours ago, sol2010 said:

Any way to include the "verification email sent" notice into the client's email history or the System Email Message Log?

aren't they intentionally not logged... never have been if I remember correctly.

I doubt there's a way to do it from settings, you might have to use EmailPreSend hook (assuming it's triggered by the verification email) and log it via that way.

At the moment, it does not seem to get logged anywhere that I can see - so how do we know if it has been sent?

assuming you haven't enabled the general BCC settings to your emails, then adding your email address into the BCC field of the specific verification email template might ensure that you receive a copy when one is sent

Unless I am missing something obvious.....

no it's another flaky, half thought-through feature.

• 5 months later...

You'll want to send the verification email and check mail logs to see if it actually hit the mail server and was sent out.  When mail issues come up, mail logs should be one of the first places to look while troubleshooting. 

As for the tracking of sending the verification email that can be done via a EmailPreSend hook and at least add a log entry:

<?php

add_hook('EmailPreSend', 1, function($vars) {

//Email verification	logging	
   if ($vars['messagename'] === "Email Address Verification" )
   {
      $results = localAPI('LogActivity', ['description'=>"Email verification message sent", 'clientid'=>$vars['relid'] ]);
   }
});

NOTE: The message could still hit this hook and say it was sent but another hook could cancel it afterwards and the message could still have not sent due to SMTP issues. 

I agree with steven99 regarding the mail logs and would just like to add:

43 minutes ago, steven99 said:

NOTE: The message could still hit this hook and say it was sent but another hook could cancel it afterwards and the message could still have not sent due to SMTP issues. 

This can be prevented by increasing the priority of the hook, e.g. replacing "1" with "999". And if the sending of a mail is cancelled by a hook, it will be noted in the WHMCS Activity Log as well.