Some Email is not sending and there's nothing wrong in logs

Bay

Hello,

Best regard to all WHMCS user, I've been using WHMCS for a couple of week now at latest version (8.x) which is running fine and everything, now I've downgraded my version to the latest 7.10.3 (LTS version) because my main module (domain reseller) only support up to that version and at this version I've run into some problem that causing me to read through the official WHMCS documentation and self-help article which some result in no luck.

Some of the persistent issue is:

1. If there's new user register on our system, WHMCS won't send verification email even though email template is active with no problem.
  2. There's nothing logged on the email logs about that particular email (verification & welcome).
  3. Automatic update is error.

FYI, I've downgraded all of the thing that needed to be downgraded (File version and MySQL query).

Regard,
Bayu

6 hours ago, Bay said:

I've been using WHMCS for a couple of week now at latest version (8.x) which is running fine and everything, now I've downgraded my version to the latest 7.10.3 (LTS version)

FYI, I've downgraded all of the thing that needed to be downgraded (File version and MySQL query).

if you were going to downgrade, then really you would need to have a v7.10 database backup to work with (along with the v7.10 files) - the point being that many of the v8 tables contain a different structure than their v7 equivalents, and there will be tables in v8 that won't have existed in v7... if you had downgraded by removing the v8 files, restoring a v7.10 database (granted you will have lost any new entries since the backup was created) and restored the v7 files, then that might have worked... if you missed out steps or took shortcuts, then I wouldn't be optimistic about fixing this quickly.

6 hours ago, Bay said:

If there's new user register on our system, WHMCS won't send verification email even though email template is active with no problem.

i'm wondering if this is because v7 uses clients, whereas v8 has users/owners etc - v7 & v8 will use different tables for these and it wouldn't surprise it that this feature has been mucked up by the downgrade.

6 hours ago, Bay said:

There's nothing logged on the email logs about that particular email (verification & welcome).

if verification is enabled, then the welcome email isn't sent... and I can't for the life of me remember if v7 logged the verification email being sent... i'm not sure it does.

you might be better off opening a ticket with Support and letting them take a look...

the lesson to learn here is to not upgrade WHMCS until all of your installed addon modules have been updated or confirmed as compatible... e.g when the time comes, don't immediate upgrade to v8.2 and think that it's going to solve this problem - it won't.

which domain reseller module are you using ?

14 hours ago, brian! said:

if you were going to downgrade, then really you would need to have a v7.10 database backup to work with (along with the v7.10 files) - the point being that many of the v8 tables contain a different structure than their v7 equivalents, and there will be tables in v8 that won't have existed in v7... if you had downgraded by removing the v8 files, restoring a v7.10 database (granted you will have lost any new entries since the backup was created) and restored the v7 files, then that might have worked... if you missed out steps or took shortcuts, then I wouldn't be optimistic about fixing this quickly.

I've got all the new entries, like I think I got everything migrated successfully except that hosting password is a mess, and the step I took is as follow

1. I backed up WHMCS 8 related files and database
  2. Moved the backed up version elsewhere
  3. Installing the WHMCS 7.10
  4. Restore Database, attachment, asset, downloads from WHMCS 8 to 7.10
  5. Replace WHMCS version which recorded on database upgrade configuration from 8 to 7.10
  6. Run the install folder to check upgrade error
  7. There's no error listed on upgrade process

After which I got here after a week of pondering back and forth to fix this issue

if verification is enabled, then the welcome email isn't sent...

So, in this case, can I disable verification?

which domain reseller module are you using ?

I'm using Domainid or srsx module, which a lot of the config menu is gone when upgrading to version 8

-----

Because I got the licences from reseller, I'll try the link you provide earlier.

Thank you for your help