supportticketsubmit-customfields.tpl is missing when changing department to send a support ticket ?

Update: I am using latest version fresh install today 8.1.3

also tried earlier on latest beta of WHMCS as a test and same issue as well

I noticed this bug, when having more than one email in a department and you go to select a different department, at the bottom of the page you get this error showup

supportticketsubmit-customfields.tpl is missing

how can we fix this? uploaded screenshot, if someone can help me?

Kind Regards,

Spiro

Capture.PNG

Edited by spirog
update what version of whmcs this bug persists

I forgot to mention this only happens when using a child theme

only header.tpl and footer.tpl is added 

I sent bug report to https://www.themelooks.com/ the creator and they said its on whmcs its a bug related to the new twenty-one theme and using a child theme ?

not sure what to believe ? any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Spiro

Edited by spirog

55 minutes ago, spirog said:

not sure what to believe ? any help would be greatly appreciated

I would go with believing themelooks - it's a definite bug because it's listed as supposedly being fixed in the v8.2 beta changelog...

CORE-16401 - Ensure ticket custom field values persist on department change

possibly they only tested in on the main 21 theme and not a child of it - the test to see if that's the case would be to use the main 21 theme on the beta and see if the issue is fixed... if so, then it's a case of reporting the bug / opening a ticket with WHMCS Support and letting them know the issue still exists with a child.... I would suspect the next beta/RC release will be around the corner, so soon er they know the better.

one other thing you could try, on both the beta and the main site, would be to  copy the 21 version of supportticketsubmit-customfields.tpl to your child theme and see if that fixes the issue temporarily.

Edited by brian!

3 hours ago, spirog said:

also tried earlier on latest beta of WHMCS as a test and same issue as well

Hi @spirog

it is worth say to not install beta release on your production website, if it is your case. I made it in the past when starting using WHMCS and learned with it.

You can request WHMCS dev license for free if you bought your license directly from official website.

You can pay one time for dev license if you bought your whmcs license from reseller.

Also you can request a dev license theme from your module developer, so you can perform your own tests and customization before apply it to your production.

I have it in place as i also use a them module from my front-end WHMCS website.

Thanks to @brian! tips + 3 years ago, when I install beta release on my production after few hours after WHMCS release it.

Edited by zitu4life

15 hours ago, brian! said:

I would go with believing themelooks - it's a definite bug because it's listed as supposedly being fixed in the v8.2 beta changelog...

possibly they only tested in on the main 21 theme and not a child of it - the test to see if that's the case would be to use the main 21 theme on the beta and see if the issue is fixed... if so, then it's a case of reporting the bug / opening a ticket with WHMCS Support and letting them know the issue still exists with a child.... I would suspect the next beta/RC release will be around the corner, so soon er they know the better.

one other thing you could try, on both the beta and the main site, would be to  copy the 21 version of supportticketsubmit-customfields.tpl to your child theme and see if that fixes the issue temporarily.

Thank you @brian! so much sorry for the delayed reply 🙂 

it is whmcs issue and I reported as a bug report and they noted it and said they will fix it 

Kind regards,

Spiro

14 hours ago, zitu4life said:

Hi @spirog

it is worth say to not install beta release on your production website, if it is your case. I made it in the past when starting using WHMCS and learned with it.

You can request WHMCS dev license for free if you bought your license directly from official website.

You can pay one time for dev license if you bought your whmcs license from reseller.

Also you can request a dev license theme from your module developer, so you can perform your own tests and customization before apply it to your production.

I have it in place as i also use a them module from my front-end WHMCS website.

Thanks to @brian! tips + 3 years ago, when I install beta release on my production after few hours after WHMCS release it.

Thank you @zitu4lifeso much sorry for the delayed reply 🙂 

it is whmcs issue and I reported as a bug report and they noted it and said they will fix it 

also thank you for the information on the free dev lic I will ask for it now and setup a dev site for testing - this is great info I did not know about this 🙂 I did purchase directly from whmcs 

Kind regards,

Spiro

15 hours ago, brian! said:

PS this did work, I copied over a copy to my child theme and it does not show any longer when selecting a different department in the form. 

thanks again 

Spiro