Issue installing Whmcs

Hi there,

Doing a new install of Whmcs and once we enter the database information, the database initialization starts (step 3 i believe) but then after quite a long time it just goes to a Oops! Something went wrong . All requirements were passed and meet or exceed the requirements. Tried with php 7.2 and 7.3 just in case and that did not work. Also tried with Whmcs version 7.10 and 7.10.2. 

I know we can install via Softaculous but i remember hearing that installing it manually was better so haven't tried that yet.

Has anyone come across this? Or have any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Edited by Faizal1

On 29/09/2020 at 03:31, Faizal1 said:

Doing a new install of Whmcs and once we enter the database information, the database initialization starts (step 3 i believe) but then after quite a long time it just goes to a Oops! Something went wrong . All requirements were passed and meet or exceed the requirements. Tried with php 7.2 and 7.3 just in case and that did not work. Also tried with Whmcs version 7.10 and 7.10.2. 

it might have been worth enabling error reporting at the point to get more details on the error...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Enabling_Error_Reporting

On 29/09/2020 at 03:31, Faizal1 said:

I know we can install via Softaculous but i remember hearing that installing it manually was better so haven't tried that yet.

I prefer a manual install - but v8 has 13,000+ files and takes a while... I had 5 files that simply wouldn't upload correctly, though that hasn't caused any errors with the install AFAIK.

I seen numerous threads on here of users using Softaculous and that causing errors too - so it's not a panacea and I wouldn't use it for this - except as a last resort.