How to rename 'Setup Fee' as Payment gateway fee?

RandomGuy

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I want to rename "Setup Fee" as "Payment gateway fee". As far as I know the "Setup Fee" appears in (1) Plans section and (2) Review and Checkout section. 

just on a purely visual level in the client area, emails and invoices etc, if you just want to change the text, then it's a Language Overrides for each language applicable to your site...

$_LANG['ordersetupfee'] = "Payment Gateway Fee";

mU5v3Ah.png

just bear in mind that there is no additional functionality being applied here, so....

1. I assume there is only one gateway ? if there are more, and the fee needs to vary based on the gateway, then that would need additional coding... and at that point, you might as well go to Marketplace and check out the Gateway Fees addons available in there.
  2. these fees would only be charged during the initial order - they wouldn't automatically be applied to any subsequent renewal invoices.
  3. this change wouldn't impact on the content of previous invoices - for products with setup fees, they will still say SF and not PGF.

I can think of other similar issues, but they would only arise if you were trying to make the idea have the required functionality - but if all you want to do is just change the label of setup fees, then they're probably irrelevant.

Thank you sir, for the solution and  explaining the limits which it could work. Just a <?php need to be added on the above line. 

<?php
$_LANG['ordersetupfee'] = "Payment Gateway Fee";

Yes, I have 2checkout as the only payment gateway on my website. Initially I have tried two addons(free) for this purpose, but they didn't work. I could see commercial addons in marketplace around 70 dollars. I will purchase it later. I feel they charge too much for a simple thing. I have to rename the text because I find it easy and free. 

Sir, can you suggest any free addons for this purpose? 

Thanks again. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

can you suggest any free addons for this purpose? 

the one that i'm familiar of referencing is on GitHub...

https://github.com/ajarmoszuk/WHMCS-Gateway-Fees

I think that would still work on the latest version of WHMCS, but only if still using PHP 5.6... once you move into PHP7, it will fail as it's core code is outdated - though probably easily fixable.

the other free one in Marketplace would be Gateway Fees for WHMCS - but sadly, that is poorly written as I found when I was PM'd about tweaking it by a client... the module is encoded, so tweaking options were limited - but one of the annoying things that it does is to add a  gateway fee even when you're just viewing (in the admin area) an old PAID invoice from years ago... I ended up needing to directly edit the database to remove the nonsense it was adding to already paid invoices. 😠

so I wouldn't recommend using that - even on a dev, i've deleted all its files to avoid such situations occurring again.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I could see commercial addons in marketplace around 70 dollars. I will purchase it later. I feel they charge too much for a simple thing.

aahh, the ModulesGarden addon module - yeah $70 per year (btw - not a one off fee but recurring!) is a little expensive to say the least, but you'll find other options in Marketplace in the $20-30 range... some will be one-off charges, others will be recurring.

however, if you say you won't need it for a few months, then i'd suggest leaving it until v8 is released (if you're going or can upgrade) and see how many of these addons have been updated for it, or if any other free alternatives become available in the meantime.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation Sir. I have already tried-

https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/5032-gateway-fees-for-whmcs

https://github.com/ajarmoszuk/WHMCS-Gateway-Fees

https://github.com/payssion/plugin_whmcs_gateway_fees

Each plugin came with certain errors when installed. I'm not that kind of technical guy to deal with errors in code. I think it's better to wait till whmcs version 8 release or buy 20-30$ priced plugins if needed. 

Thank you. 

Edited by RandomGuy

• 2 years later...