New Registrar module -- NetEarth One

netearth

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I solved my issues with the unknown error can't create contact.

The problem with mine was it didn't like the contact details. My customer is from Spain and their phone number was not in the correct format for the country. After correcting this and changing their language from Netherlands to English it work fine.

Strange stuff!

Now it is just painstakingly slow to register a domain name and sometimes times out. Also while it takes 20 seconds to order a domain, my whole site becomes useless even to web visitors to my Joomla front-end until WHMCS and NetEarthOne finishes.

Just wanted to say a MEGA thank you to chris and the team for sorting this out.

You went way out of your way to ge this resolved, and i am extremely gratefull.

Carl.

Yes I just want to say that while I solved my issues, Chris was very proactive by even contacting me before I tried to contact him just because he saw I was having trouble. I am very impressed and the knowledge that NetEarthOne is there for us is very reassuring.

I did place a support ticket with WHMCS and Joe quickly replied and so did Matt.

I think I finally found the right combination of web hosting software and domain registrar thanks to WHMCS. I am still interested in a iRRP domain module for all the other TLD's they have plus I have many customer domains with them. However, for all new domains that NetEarthOne supports, I will be using them.

Once again thanks!

Oh people, someone please help about how slow things are

Once again thanks!

Oh people, someone please help about how slow things are

Hi,

Anyone having problems with speed, can you do a TRACEROUTE to manage.netearthone.com from your server and I will investigate any spped issues to see if it is our side.

If your server is windows based it has to be a TCP traceroute as UDP has been blocked. If a unix/linux server then you from a console prompt run :

traceroute manage.netearthone.com and send the results to me at chris@netearthone.com. This is the same server for the API access as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi,

Anyone having problems with speed, can you do a TRACEROUTE to manage.netearthone.com from your server and I will investigate any spped issues to see if it is our side.

If your server is windows based it has to be a TCP traceroute as UDP has been blocked. If a unix/linux server then you from a console prompt run :

traceroute manage.netearthone.com and send the results to me at chris@netearthone.com. This is the same server for the API access as well.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for the response! :) It may have been an isolated incident because I ran trace routes and things seem better, I will let you know it this happens again in the future.

Is there any plans to possibly drop the .25 per zone charge for changes done through API?

Please... Please... Please.... I really want to get rid of my current primary registrar ;)

Its very simple to get your zone changes and dns for free ...

Just run your own domain name servers on a network that provides free transit, at a collocation facility where they give space, power and cooling away for nothing, and on hardware made from fairy-dust so that it costs nothing and never wears out :P

IMHO if you're not at a size to run your own DNS cluster, then $0.25/zone is absolute peanuts to pay for the service...

Its very simple to get your zone changes and dns for free ...

Just run your own domain name servers on a network that provides free transit, at a collocation facility where they give space, power and cooling away for nothing, and on hardware made from fairy-dust so that it costs nothing and never wears out :P

IMHO if you're not at a size to run your own DNS cluster, then $0.25/zone is absolute peanuts to pay for the service...

I do have DNS servers at my disposal... the problem is simply that I do not have an API between the DNS servers and WHMCS...

I'm working on it, but if a my registrar started doing managed DNS for free, it would save me alot of trouble.

Help! Newwebie here at the configuration.

So, how am I able to sell domains? Do I have to be a reseller? How about using http://reseller.netearthone.com?'>http://reseller.netearthone.com?

It askes for parent Id and customer Id. I only find the customerId. I signed up with http://reseller.netearthone.com but not as a reseller. is there a charge for reseller?

Thanks,

Eddie

Anyone using netearth

I'm not understanding the customerId issue. So I have to create a customer first? But hows that when some signs up via website. Perplexed a bit. I did obtain the parentID

Thanks,

Eddie

Basically you have to set up a RESELLER account (which it sounds like you have done already. Then under that reseller account add a customer (i called my customer Mr Domains).

Then add £100,000 "funds" to your customer (it is just VIRTUAL money)

Then add a few REAL £££ to your REAL reseller account (just £5, £10, £20 etc

Then set up WHMCS with your ParentID and your CustomerID(your virtual customer)

Then when someone purchases a domain from you it will be sent to netearthone and deducted from your virtual customers balance and your REAL reseller account is charged. When your REAL reseller account reaches £0 simply add more funds to it.

YOUR customer does not see any of the VIRTUAL customers details.

Carl.

I do have DNS servers at my disposal... the problem is simply that I do not have an API between the DNS servers and WHMCS...

I'm working on it, but if a my registrar started doing managed DNS for free, it would save me alot of trouble.

'ello,

It is something that we have been discussing with Matt, ie an API for WHMCS that will provide a full managedDNS service to the end user, as this is what you guys really need.

There may well be a charge for it, a 1 off yearly service charge and you place as many zones as you want on the service, BUT, please understand this is in its discussion stage.

Regards,

Chris

Anyone using netearth

I'm not understanding the customerId issue. So I have to create a customer first? But hows that when some signs up via website. Perplexed a bit. I did obtain the parentID

Thanks,

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I have noticed a few resellers creating the customerID as a customer of NetEarth One, when in fact they need to be a customer of you! :@)

Simple steps to setup NE1 module:

1) Create reseller account here: http://reseller.netearthone.com

2) Create customer account under YOUR reseller (in step 1), so log in as the reseller, click Customer, Add. Fill this out as it is the User used by WHMCS as the registration point.

3) Click Customer, List, and click your new WHMCS customer, Click Add funds, then add say either a $100 or a $1000 (this is fake funds only for use by WHMCS), leave it as a receipt, place in description anything you want, transaction reference has to be UNIQUE, once added your WHMCS user will have the amount you added above.

4) Gather information for the WHMCS module:

Parent ID is 46193

CustomerID is the one in step 3, so Click Customer, List and it is there on the left

Login ID and Pass is your RESELLER login and password

Thats about it, apart from adding funds to your reseller account, Billing, Add Funds.

Kind regards,

Chris

Also posted in the Forum for Directi:

Setting up FULLY BRANDED SuperSite and PartnerSite

I actually walked a WHMCS user through this last night fr NetEarth One, so Ill add this here for when people search for it.

Quick and dirty way of doing it (you may have to make some changes as these are the NetearthOne settings):

1 register domain name you want to point or use as your supersite

2 The nameservers for the above domain need to be yours as you will be assing info to them

3 Create domain on your hosting servers, or just create DNS eitehr will do

4 Remove the A RECORD for WWW from the dns server (of the domain 1 above)

5 Create a CNAME RECORD for the new domain, so http://WWW.MYDOMAINNAME.COM IN CNAME YOURRESELLERID.supersite.myorderbox.com.

6 Create an A record for something like manage for manage IN A 67.15.47.4 this then allows people to access manage.MYDOMAINNAME.COM (as in 1 above)

7 Create an A RECORD for something like reseller (if you want resellers), reseller IN A 67.15.184.29

8 Now the updates to RC or NE1:

Login to your reseller control panel (ie NE1 it is hXXp://reseller.netearthone.com/reseller.php?action=login)

Click Settings

Click Supersite and PartnerSite URL

SuperSite URL FIELD Box 1, 3. Is the name used in 5 above (ie. http://www.mydomainname.com) NOW CLICK UPDATE at bottom of this box

PartnerSite URL FIELD Box 2, 3. Is the name used in 7 above (ie. reseller.mydomainname.com) NOW CLICK UPDATE at bottom of this box

Management URL FIELD Box 3, 3. Is the name used in 6 above (ie. manage.mydomainname.com) NOW CLICK UPDATE at bottom of this box

Thats about it, the quick and dirty way of doing it.

You still have all your email for that domain available to you as you created it on your on hosting platform and have just diverted all of your web requests to the supersite and partnersite.

Hey presto.

Kind regards,

Chris

Helpfull Knowledgebase article:

hxxp://manage.netearthone.com/kb/servlet/KBServlet/cat133.html

Ok, I fixed the above issue - I must have mistyped the password. However, I had two domains pending on one order. One generated an unpaid invoice at Netearthone (even tho the invoice was marked paid on my end) and the other generated an error. This is what I got. Is it only possible to register one domain at a time?

Domain Registrar Error

Domain Registration Error - Invoice is partly paid

Domain Registrar Error

Domain Registration Error - The domain xxxxxx.com already exists in our database.This may occur if there is a pending Order for xxxx.comin our database under your account or any other account.You may search for this domain within your control panel.If you do not find this domain within your profile please contact our Support Department

Ok, I fixed the above issue - I must have mistyped the password. However, I had two domains pending on one order. One generated an unpaid invoice at Netearthone (even tho the invoice was marked paid on my end) and the other generated an error. This is what I got. Is it only possible to register one domain at a time?

Domain Registrar Error

Domain Registration Error - Invoice is partly paid

Domain Registrar Error

Domain Registration Error - The domain xxxxxx.com already exists in our database.This may occur if there is a pending Order for xxxx.comin our database under your account or any other account.You may search for this domain within your control panel.If you do not find this domain within your profile please contact our Support Department

Hi ScrltOTara.

Email me at chris@netearthone.com, or MSN netearth@hotmail.com and I will assist you further. We dont take "part payments" per say, the invoice is either paid or not paid. Drop me a line and i'll assist as much as I can.

Kind regards,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
This registerar is exactly like the directi one or "resellerclub" ...

Hi Jason,

Thats correct, we all use the orderbox platform. Owned by DirectI.

Just we do not require such a huge deposit to get good pricing for domains, and our support is English based.

Kind regards,

Chris