netearth

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No setup charge, no minimum payment... They do however, charge processing fees on all orders.... Actual cost only... ie: if you pay for domains with paypal you must pay what paypal charges them for merchant fees.

I can sell domains for 6.95 + processing fees... I pay less than that for my domains.

Hi Serenade,

No Setup costs, you buy domains from the outset at the best price. YOU do however pay the merchant fees, these are actual, so you get charged what we would have paid. For instance $100 dollars incurs about $4.20 in charges is MC or Visa. Therefore $95.80 gets credited to your account.

You dont have to prepay your account to get a better price. .COM for instance is $6.95 new or renew, transfer in of $6.90, .NET $5.45 new/renew or $5.05 transfer in.

We were like you guys Resellers, and took the plunge to get ICANN accredited. We make profit, and enough to make this worthwhile for us.

ASK21900, thats great news, not everyone can get that though. For new guys out there, this is a good stepping stone and deal.

Regards,

Chris

We were like you guys Resellers, and took the plunge to get ICANN accredited

Congratulations, and well done on getting the WHMCS module out as well :D

Its the same route we're taking at the moment, so free free to PM me the horror stories - particularly interested if you decided to handle it yourself (as we are) or went with the LB "package" of software and consultancy.

Argh, I must be stupid. I still don't get this. So all I have to do, is add funds to my account, and then whenever someone signs up for my hosting with a domain, it just takes my money for the domain name? Nothing else? I don't get this merchant fee thing.

Hi Serenade,

For instance, you "add funds" of a $100 bucks by Credit Card or PayPal, the net amount of $95.80ish (its around 4.20 to 4.80 for 100 dollars) gets credited to your reseller account. People then order from your WHMCS website, and the order is placed via the API, as you have funds in your account (from the above instalment) you automatically get the products you ordered, if for instance you dont have enough (and you can set your own threshold for auto email notification) you will recieve an instant email stating that the order is in pending so you can simply add funds and it will go through.

You get paid from your client beforehand and hey presto :)

Kind regards,

Chris

Congratulations, and well done on getting the WHMCS module out as well :D

Its the same route we're taking at the moment, so free free to PM me the horror stories - particularly interested if you decided to handle it yourself (as we are) or went with the LB "package" of software and consultancy.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the credit re: the WHMCS module, but all that goes to Matt, for a top notch app and coding.

Kind Regards,

Chris

I also want to know. We sign up, add money to our account balance with you, and then just simply let WHMCS and your API do the rest?

Hi Jason,

Yep, as long as you have credit in your account, thats about it.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi

I think i've done everything right.

I signed up and account is activated.

I put my ParentID for my reseller account in the Parent ID field in WHMCS.

Once logged in I created a sub-reseller for my website there.

Once that was verified I put the Reseller ID as the Customer ID in WHMCS.

I filled in the other login info etc.

When I looked at the domain order, and tried accepting it, and putting it through I got this error:

Domain Registrar Error

An Unknown Error Occured while Creating Contact

Now, the order status in the order's list is 'Active', but the status is Pending when you look at the order specificly.

I ran the order in demo mode.

I looked all over my control panel, and could not find anything related to this order so I assume it hasn't come through.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi

I think i've done everything right.

I signed up and account is activated.

I put my ParentID for my reseller account in the Parent ID field in WHMCS.

Once logged in I created a sub-reseller for my website there.

Once that was verified I put the Reseller ID as the Customer ID in WHMCS.

I filled in the other login info etc.

When I looked at the domain order, and tried accepting it, and putting it through I got this error:

Now, the order status in the order's list is 'Active', but the status is Pending when you look at the order specificly.

I ran the order in demo mode.

I looked all over my control panel, and could not find anything related to this order so I assume it hasn't come through.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Here is a quick "how-to":

1. create reseller account

2. create a customer account to place domains into (under your reseller account)

3. add funds to your "domain" customer account, say $1000 (this is you crediting your domain client acount, this is not real money)

4. Take your parent id, user name and pass, place into whmcs, modules, netearthone

5. place the customer id, from your "domain customer account" into whmcs as well

6. whmcs is now live with netearthone,

7. lastlty, place funds "real" into your reseller account

Hey presto :)

Kind regards,

Chris

I think I got it. It was about to process the order in the Reseller Admin Panel, but I canceled it as it's just a test for myself and I don't actually wan't the domain. I was 50p short of the funds needed so I assume that's why it never went through - but I beleive it works up to that point. The order and invoice seems okay in WHMCS end.

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated :)

I think I got it. It was about to process the order in the Reseller Admin Panel, but I canceled it as it's just a test for myself and I don't actually wan't the domain. I was 50p short of the funds needed so I assume that's why it never went through - but I beleive it works up to that point. The order and invoice seems okay in WHMCS end.

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated :)

Hi Jason,

No problems, thats what we are here for.

You have any problemsnwith config/errors, either post here, or go to our online support button.

Kind regards,

Chris

I think it has something to do with the customer being a customer of yourself - therefore giving the customer (who's actually you) credit will not cost you anything as the money isn't going to anyone else but yourself still.

It's when an order comes through do you require to use real money in another balance I think.

That's how it seems to work from what I can see anyway.

I think it has something to do with the customer being a customer of yourself - therefore giving the customer (who's actually you) credit will not cost you anything as the money isn't going to anyone else but yourself still.

It's when an order comes through do you require to use real money in another balance I think.

That's how it seems to work from what I can see anyway.

Yep... Thats it... The module works by placing an order for a customer, but does not create a customer each time. Therefore, you create a customer (you) and place all the orders under that customer. Now, because you are placing orders under that customer, you must give that customer credit in the system to purchase all the domains it wants.

ASK21900, thats great news, not everyone can get that though. For new guys out there, this is a good stepping stone and deal.

Regards,

Chris

Definitely a great deal. That's why I'm signed up... Haven't decided whether to use your services or not, but I can't get my other registrar (the one where I get domains cheaper) to support an API...

Either pay less and have to process orders manually, or pay a little extra and get everything automated.... What to do, what to do? I've been pondering that for weeks now. ;)