New Registrar module -- NetEarth One

netearth

A point aside, and the reason for this point is I dont want to alienate Matt as I think he has done a fantastic job, but maybe we should start charging resellers to join NE1 then... It is something I never wanted to do because I was the same as you guys. I dont agree with the comments that I am in competition with you guys, purely and simply as you guys should be adding value to your services and therefore charging extra for it. We dont hand hold clients, we are cheap and cheerfull. I hated it trying to get to the next slab with both Directi and Registerfly purely and simply because its dead money sitting in someone elses account and a lot of it.

Thats my peace, I dont want to have debates like this, if Matt now bar's my account then that is up to him.

If you want to debate or ask questions, then my email is chris@netearthone.com.

i have worked long and hard to get where I have got NetEarth One, it is there for you guys to use.

--endof---

Chris

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sure Matt will not have any problems with any one of us voicing our opinions, and I certainly don't believe Matt would ban any of our accounts for this discussion.

Chris, I am certain that everyone of us that have joined NetEarthOne (and therefore shown our support for what you are doing) appreciate the efforts you have undertaken to give us another (and more competitive) option for reselling domain names. But the point is that you have the ability to, and currently are, competing with us - YOUR resellers - at a level that we simply cannot meet.

Why not take a leaf out of the books of some of the larger players and price your retail business at a level that will not hurt YOUR resellers. Take Enom for example ...

eNom does not compete with its resellers

Only eNom assures its direct ETP resellers that we will never solicit your retail customers.

By taking care of YOUR resellers in this fashion then you are likely to gain and retain more resellers (and profit) than you would by selling domains yourself.

As for Matt and company, I was surprised your posting were allowed originally as others are told they can not advertise services and/or products for sell in these forums. But, obviously they are OK with where you are trying to go. :D

I think that is what the other poster was recommending and/or asking was for you to go after the reseller market, you need to consider which is more important as I too am considering you for a registrar, but with that would send many users to your site in the end or at some point only to find a lower price on most of the services we also provide. Some may even question us as reselling your hosting plans etc?

Perhaps you should have opened the reseller side under a different brand than you core business? Just a thought and wish you the best in your endeavor either way. :D

Things are broken beyond belief! I tried making a test account on my host, and tried to order a domain (since I needed it anyways). I ordered etc in the client area, and then after that. I waited. Nothing happened, so then I went in the WHMCS administration area, and then I looked, and low and behold, the domain was in the "Pending Domains" section (when I selected everything to be automatic). So I checked my administrative emails and I got an email saying there's the following error:

The order placed for worldwebrev.com has received its first payment and has been automatically submitted to the registrar

Client ID: 0000000018

Domain: worldwebrev.com

Error: java.lang.String

http://www.evadehost.com/client/admin/

Great. Errors. I love 'em really. Over the past few days, WHMCS has been giving me a ton of new error friends to try and fix. So after manually accept the pending order at two different places, I finally think/i] it might have worked. Even if when I go to the link, I get an error. The only reason I think it might work, is because I got an email saying the following:

Domain Name worldwebrev.com has been successfully Registered.

Order Details

Order ID: 22123446

Domain Name: worldwebrev.com

No of Years: 1

Your Cost Price: USD 6.95

Your Selling Price: USD 8.99

Expiry Date: Thu Feb 26 01:37:17 GMT 2009

Customer Details

Name: Micheal Chambers

Company: Evade Hosting

Address: 480 John Forsyth

City: Winnipeg

State: Manitoba

Zip: R2n 4J1

Email: domains@evadehost.com

Tel: +204.2571532

You may contact the Customer above, if required.

Whois Lookup

You can verify that the Domain Name is indeed Registered by checking the Whois Lookup, which will show you the Domain Name details and Expiry date. Click on the link below to do a Whois lookup on the Domain Name:

http://manage.netearthone.com/whois?

Regards,

NetEarth One Inc Sales Team.

If it does work though, this is still very far from being all automatic. Things are broken, and I don't like things broken.

- Thanks

Well yeah, that's why I posted this. I'm waiting for net earth to reply.

Firstly, Serenade, I have personally answered most if not all of your questions when requested by the online help, its not 247 yet, but at least its in english...

Now I have mentioed and sent you emails to tell you that your PIPEING is not working into WHMCS.

You only got the above info (domain being registered) because I sent/forwarded the email that bounced from the address you setup on NetEarth One, to your sales address.

Now for completeness, let me again put here what is happening...

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

pipe to |/home/***/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

generated by ***@evadehost.com

local delivery failed

pipe to |/home/***/home/***/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

local delivery failed

pipe to |/home/***/php -q /home/cpanelusername/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

generated by ****@evadehost.com

local delivery failed

pipe to |/home/***/| php -q /home/cpanelusername/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

local delivery failed

pipe to |/home/***/| php -q /home/***/public_html/whmcs/pipe/pipe.php

local delivery failed

now I dont know why or why not that is not working, but if WHMCS received the email and that triggers the WHMCS CP to show the domain is registered, you obviously need to sort out the above first.

Kind regards,

Chris

The *** has been inserted by me to replace the word that was there for security reasons.

Well yeah, that's why I posted this. I'm waiting for net earth to reply.
What I meant was, there must be something wrong with YOUR setup not the modules because if they are working fine in everyone else's install there has to be something wrong with the way you have set something up, what you said was
Things are broken beyond belief!
and they clearly are not.

What I meant was, there must be something wrong with YOUR setup not the modules because if they are working fine in everyone else's install there has to be something wrong with the way you have set something up, what you said was and they clearly are not.

You're not helping eh? Just hope you know that.

Anyways, netearth; is the problem that I can't send emails or receive them? And what do you mean by "It's a permanent error"?

- Thanks

You're not helping eh? Just hope you know that.

Anyways, netearth; is the problem that I can't send emails or receive them? And what do you mean by "It's a permanent error"?

- Thanks

Hi Serenade,

Actually Lynnette is trying to help you, if only you realised it.

When you installed WHMCS, are you sure you set your pipeing correctly?, the permanent error is YOUR mail server telling OUR mail server that it cant be delivered.

A possible pointer, are you sure that the php app is in your PATH? or are you running php from an absolute path? Another thing it could be, are all the permissions corectly set?

Check, double check and recheck your installation of WHMCS. Make sure the email addresses are correctly set in your WHMCS control panel etc.

Kind regards,

Chris

ps If all else fails, and you bought your license from WHMCS direct, open a support ticket.

Why do you keep saying it's permanent? And I'm checking the install right now.

It's called a permanent error when the error is with the code, or with the config of your server, etc. These errors will not be resolved until you fix them.

Temporary errors are when other things are preventing delivery. For instance, when your mail server reboots, a permanent error will not be generated. Instead a notice is generated saying that the delivery has been delayed for some reason, and the server will try again in X amount of time. These are not permanent, because the server expects them to resolve themselves shortly.

In any case, he keeps telling you that it's permanent so you know that there is actually an error in something that YOU control, not something that will be fixed on it's own.

I have set all the registrar details correct and have put this into demo mode to try the system out.

I have added "credit" into my clients account in reseller account

I have tried to put through an order through whmcs as an existing customer on a mail in payment method then go to the order and activate it, but I get the above error (see title)

If it has worked...... what email should I be getting as a reseller?

Any ideas whats up or if I have not done the "demo" test right any pointers...

Carl.

I have set all the registrar details correct and have put this into demo mode to try the system out.

I have added "credit" into my clients account in reseller account

I have tried to put through an order through whmcs as an existing customer on a mail in payment method then go to the order and activate it, but I get the above error (see title)

If it has worked...... what email should I be getting as a reseller?

Any ideas whats up or if I have not done the "demo" test right any pointers...

Carl.

Hi Carl,

In demo mode the server that you are using is a demo server, not the live server. Therefore you need to create an account on the demo server as a reseller, then create a customer account within the demo reseller account and put fake funds in both (as its the demo test server and therefore everything is wiped (domains and orders) 24 hours later.

Would you like the URL?

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Carl,

The DEMO URL to create a demo account as a reseller to test in demo mode is:

http://demo.myorderbox.com/servlet/ResellerSignupServlet?validatenow=false

Please remember this is a demo server and all orders WILL be deleted within 24 hours.

Kind regards,

Chris

Thanks for that. I assume demo ACCOUNTS will remain and just ORDERS deleted tho right?

ok, I have set up the necessary, ordered the domain....... customer gets receipt for it although it states:

Registration Date: 27/02/2008

Domain: 2342340089092.com

Registration Period: 1 Year/s

Amount: £6.99 GBP

Next Due Date: 27/02/2008 <------------- ?????? should it not be a year ahead?

Does this have to be done manually

ok, I have set up the necessary, ordered the domain....... customer gets receipt for it although it states:

Registration Date: 27/02/2008

Registration Period: 1 Year/s

Amount: £6.99 GBP

Next Due Date: 27/02/2008 <------------- ?????? should it not be a year ahead?

Does this have to be done manually

Where has this email come from, has it come from WHMCS or the test server?

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi Carl,

This is an email from the demo server yeah? rather than WHMCS or anywhere else?

Regards,

Chris

It seems to be from WHMCS

The order placed for 2342340089092.com has received its first payment and has been automatically submitted to the registrar

Client ID: 0000000002

Error: An Unknown Error Occured while Creating Contact