Administration problem after update

After updating whmcs from version 7.9.2 (it worked perfectly) to version 7.10, the administrative area collapsed.
When trying to access the administrative area after the update, the server marks a very large load of php-fpm which means that it cannot enter the administration.
After restarting php-fpm I can continue browsing the public area without problems, clients can continue to enter without problems, but if I try to enter the administration again, the server collapses, marking 100% use in php-fpm.

After this disaster I restored a fullbackup from before the update to 7.9.2 and everything went back to normal.

Since I will not update again for a long time, but if someone can give me a clue on how to solve this or what could have happened, I will appreciate it.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @hostingarg,

This thread over at the cPanel forums has some good tips for diagnosing the causes of high php-fpm CPU usage in general: https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/high-load-on-server-caused-by-php-fpm.660945/

From a WHMCS perspective; please ensure there are no customisations present on your installation as these can often change the way WHMCS operates.
These are typically located in the /includes/hooks and /modules directories.

Once the issue is resolved you can add them back one-by-one until the problem begins again - at which point you have identified the troublesome customisation and can contact the vendor directly for assistance resolving the problem in their code.

The million dollar question would be: why does everything work well with version 7.9.2 and does it not work with 7.10?

Are there any special requirements for this new version?
I only have 2 simple hooks (menu modifications) and some modules from recognized companies.

2 hours ago, WHMCS John said:

If you need a development license to test that out, please just ask our Sales team; direct license holders can get one for free.

Direct license holders with an active support period can, and if your license for your main WHMCS installation isn't currently supported, the dev license gets deactivated.
Just something to bear in mind.

On 4/12/2020 at 12:21 PM, bear said:

Direct license holders with an active support period can, and if your license for your main WHMCS installation isn't currently supported, the dev license gets deactivated.
Just something to bear in mind.

Basically anyone who hasn't got a lifetime license, which would be the majority (I think, I wasn't around back then) can use the dev license. 

It's annoying but fair they restrict it to customers of their new business model. 

1 hour ago, WHMCS John said:

Hi @hostingarg,

We have determined this can occur in environments with the curl_multi_exec  PHP function disabled.

Is that the case on your environment?

If so, enabling it will resolve the problem.

Thank you.
That's right, I have curl_multi_exec listed in disable_functions in php.ini.
I'm going to remove the function from the disable_functions listing and comment to them as it turns out.

Thank you very much for the tip!

Well. I comment that unfortunately the indicated solution did not work.
Use a clean, new installation with the developer license that you gave me.
The installation was done in a subdomain of the main domain, within the same server as the main site.
I use php-fpm, php 7.3, I have removed all the limitations of disable_functions.
With whmcs 7.9.2 everything works normally.
In this clean install of 7.10.1 it has not worked. The administrative zone keeps loading and I can see on the server that the load of php-fpm is 100%, preventing the site from loading.

Do you have any other suggestion to give me to try?

Thanks