Email in Lost Password

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @lims

I've run a test on my 7.10 installation and am getting the password reset email into my inbox without an issue.

Is it just the reset email that is not being sent to your clients? 

hi @WHMCS ChrisD

I mean, when the email used by the client is not registered and not in the database it will also get message success.
in the previous version that say "No client account was found with the email address you entered"

30 minutes ago, lims said:

hi @WHMCS ChrisD

I mean, when the email used by the client is not registered and not in the database it will also get message success.
in the previous version that say "No client account was found with the email address you entered"

This is the expected behaviour and has been for at least a couple of releases now the message has been replaced to show "If the email address you entered matched an existing account, please check your email for instructions on what to do next." this is a security enhancement

in my case when a client forget his e-mail address and enters any e-mail when forgetting his password, it will also be read as successful, even though the e-mail does not exist. indeed no email will be sent to the client because there is none  😁

1 hour ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Can you share your admin area URL please?

hi @WHMCS ChrisD

for the time being, I will try to do a new installation to find this solution, there might be a problem on an existing hook.
if I don't get the solution I will open a ticket in the member area for get support from whmcs

2 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

@lims Rather than doing a new installation you could disable the hooks by adding the disable hooks line to your WHMCS Configuration Panel

$disable_hooks = true

hi @WHMCS ChrisD

i'm try fresh install V7.10 and got the same,  this come from v7.8, in v7.7.1 not like this

im try in whmcs website got the same too, try reset pass using mail 123@123nomail.com (domain not registered)

https://www.whmcs.com/members/index.php/password/reset/begin

ss_lost.PNG.a4ad45998ed9ed550c48bebf641342a4.PNG

Edited by lims

2 minutes ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Hi @lims Please refer to the text below the green box that states "If the email address you entered matched an existing account, please check your email for instructions on what to do next.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see on your client area

i got the same, is this normal ? 😁

i think the red box😁

Edited by lims