Deleting Product/service

whiteglove

Hi Everyone, 

I have a product that I want to remove from my drop down menu within my WHMCS install. When trying to remove I get the dialogue box;

You cannot delete a product that is in use.  To delete the product, you need to first re-assign or remove the products using it

I have have tried hiding the product from the menu (tick box) but still it displays. I have located 2 clients that had previously purchased the product and deleted the invoice from their records. Still I can't remove the product!? Can anyone give me some guidance please, as the product is no longer aviablile and I don't want it being available on the drop down menu. 

Many thanks. 

14 minutes ago, whiteglove said:

I have located 2 clients that had previously purchased the product and deleted the invoice from their records

Deleting invoices is not the right thing to do. It is better you always leave any invoice on WHMCS. Considering all other importance of invoices for you accountant, also invoices would help you track all sales for that clients (services or products sold out).

To delete a product\ service you are trying to do you must look for that product on client summary page, assuming you already said you have detected in which client that product are active. and there you can edit, canceled it and also even deleted it.

image.thumb.png.d2396c98700e039ed8ff191326922251.png

I would also recommend never deleting a invoice unless it's from an account with orders marked as fraud.

I got to a stage where I wanted to clean up my products/services but wasn't easily able to delete products due to previous use. The best way I found to handle this was creating a new product category set to hidden and have that show as the last category. Then assign products you wish to remove to that category so they are moved to the bottom of the products/services page.

In terms of removing it from the dropdown then you would need to remove the product/service itself as suggested zitu4life but you should do this without deleting invoices.

there is also the option to retire the products - which removes them from appearing and prevents new orders for them... and would avoid the need for you to delete existing services (though that might be too late now lol!)

https://docs.whmcs.com/Hiding_and_Retiring_Products

A retired product will stop any new orders for the product from the admin and client areas. Existing products will not be affected, although if the product is changed from a retired product, it cannot be changed back. A retired product can still be ordered via the API.