Credit Card / Pay methods Link

So updated to the latest version and conducting tests. Appears that  in the client area the view credit card and/or pay methods link has dissapeared!

it states here that it should be avliable: https://docs.whmcs.com/Pay_Methods#Client_Area

however its no where to be found. Looking in past posts I came accross this from quite a while ago:

BUT that  not the case. On my dev install switching to use only the the six template and standard order cart templates which have no changes its still an issue.

Now customers cannot see the saved credit card details on file OR worse still when a card is expiring to update it. from the doc URL above it should be there but its not.

Hesitant to open a ticket as another issue being looked at hasnt even had a reply in days 😣

Anyone else having this issue??

2 hours ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Now customers cannot see the saved credit card details on file OR worse still when a card is expiring to update it. from the doc URL above it should be there but its not.

the only time i've seen those Payment Method links not appear in the navbar/sidebar menus is when WHMCS thinks there isn't an active applicable gateway enabled... but as you're using SagePay Repeats gateway, I would have thought that would be sufficient to trigger the links.

though reading the docs, perhaps the following is relevant...

The client's card details are sent to SagePay upon their first payment and stored and can be charged at a later date. To update their credit card details the client would need to pay an invoice using the new card details and they will be updated at SagePay at the same time.

maybe switching to SagePay tokens would resolve this - but i'd suggest getting confirmation from Support first before doing that.

btw - there is a SagePay Repeats hotfix for v7.9.1, but I don't know if that's relevant to your issue.

29 minutes ago, brian! said:

the only time i've seen those Payment Method links not appear in the navbar/sidebar menus is when WHMCS thinks there isn't an active applicable gateway enabled... but as you're using SagePay Repeats gateway, I would have thought that would be sufficient to trigger the links.

Thanks for the info @brian! its happening on both my dev install AND live site! on v7.9.1 with all the hotfixes (inc sage hotfix) applied.

Funny thing was 1 min the link was there next it wasnt. On the dev there is 2 active gateways (both in test mode ofcourse but that shouldnt matter)

31 minutes ago, brian! said:

maybe switching to SagePay tokens would resolve this - but i'd suggest getting confirmation from Support first before doing that.

I think it may have something to do with the ongoing issue I am having using the stripe gateway. Its very buggy in this version. Wasnt sure whether to open a new ticket OR add to existing one as its been days since my last reply.  Nothing seems to be happening. Think I will post a new ticket and ref the other one...

32 minutes ago, brian! said:

btw - there is a SagePay Repeats hotfix for v7.9.1, but I don't know if that's relevant to your issue.

Yup that hot fix has been applied. makes no difference..

5 minutes ago, Manchester Web Hosting said:

Think I will post a new ticket and ref the other one...

as you've posted in the v7.9 forums, there is an increased chance of someone from WHMCS Support replying here, so it might be worth posting the ticket ID for their reference.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @Manchester Web Hosting,

I can confirm that the Pay Methods link is not displayed for Reference type payment gateways:

•  SagePay Repeats,
  • PayPal Pro Reference Payments,
  • PayPal Payflow Pro in reference mode

These use an older integration method, whereby there isn't really a stored set of payment details; WHMCS simply sends a previous transaction and reference ID to Sagepay and the card details used to make the original payment are charged again. Sagepay's Reference APIs don't provide a method for clients to update the card details associated with the reference. If they tried it would not change the card which got charged. This behaviour has been the case with such Reference type gateways in WHMCS.

Therefore the improvement this additional granularity in v7.9 facilitates, is to restrict access to the Pay Methods page when there is no gateway active that supports the ability to update stored cards either locally in the WHMCS database (local card) or remotely via the gateways API (Sagepay Tokens Stripe), naturally directing clients to the invoice page instead where they can pay with a different set of card details, and avoiding any confusion which might occur if they'd updated card details via your website, but the original card was still charged.