Having it where clients have to renew

On 1/14/2020 at 2:13 PM, Jacksharkben said:

So I have a free product and I want to make it so clients have to renew the product every month to keep it.  And I dont know how to do that any ideas?

So they get product 1 for 0$ then every month its a subscription to keep it active?

13 hours ago, zomex said:

One option would be to use a promotional coupon which will discount the full first month price. That will keep the recurring amount active while allowing them to order it for free.

I cant get whmcs to allow promo codes after you buy. how do I set it up?

On 16/01/2020 at 06:07, Jacksharkben said:

every month they have to renew it by clicking renew or anyway that's not auto or with me doing it by hand.

about the only non-coding way I can think of would be to have 2 duplicate products, both time-limited (e.g self terminates after a month) and the user has to upgrade between them at the end of each month - if they don't upgrade, then it auto terminates at the end of the month period... if they upgrade from A -> B, then it carries on for another month, at the end of which they upgrade from B -> A and so on...

if you were charging for this, then it would make life so much simpler - e.g if they don't pay the renewal invoice, then the service is cancelled... but if you're really not charging at the start or at renewal, then there's no real native way to do this that I readily can think of (other than the above upgrade solution which is not ideal and would probably require customisation to make it not look like an upgrade).

On 19/01/2020 at 06:31, Jacksharkben said:

would this addon do the trick?

I don't think so - but perhaps explain a little more about the product you want to sell.

20 hours ago, Jacksharkben said:

how could I get this made in a custom addon?

the usual way would be to post in Service Offers & Requests, mention the issue (optionally post a link back to this thread) and wait for developers to reply.

it's worth noting that none of them would give you a quote for the cost publicly, they'll invite you to submit a request on their site - if you want to save time, you might as well just go to the sites of wsa, wgs and modulesagarden as they'll be the three most likely to reply to such threads.

if you're intending to use coding for this, one idea that I will add might be to make the product Auto Terminate/Fixed Term - that means that if the user does nothing, the service will terminate after x days (assuming the cron is running)... then it's just a case of getting the developer to create a client area service renewal / link that extends the termination date by a month, and so the cycle continues for another month.... at then end of which, if they do nothing, it terminates - if they press the renewal button again, it renews.

if you're going to throw money at this, I probably wouldn't go down the two product upgrade route because if you are considering coding solutions, there would be better options than that.

On 1/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, brian! said:

about the only non-coding way I can think of would be to have 2 duplicate products, both time-limited (e.g self terminates after a month) and the user has to upgrade between them at the end of each month - if they don't upgrade, then it auto terminates at the end of the month period... if they upgrade from A -> B, then it carries on for another month, at the end of which they upgrade from B -> A and so on...

if you were charging for this, then it would make life so much simpler - e.g if they don't pay the renewal invoice, then the service is cancelled... but if you're really not charging at the start or at renewal, then there's no real native way to do this that I readily can think of (other than the above upgrade solution which is not ideal and would probably require customisation to make it not look like an upgrade).

I don't think so - but perhaps explain a little more about the product you want to sell.

so I just tried that and it seems that it doesn't restart the 30-day timer just keeps it going. to 0