understanding whmcsbaseurl client area

zitu4life

Hello there

If I go to my   front-end page and click   with right mouse on  view page source   and search name whmcs I got picture results.   I have search   on WHMCS doc    but did not understand  exactly what means   that name whmcsbaseurl.

So do I need that ?   What if i want my website to not shows that I use WHMCS, is there a way to remove it if I do not need that, or hide it?

PS:   I have   modified   picture   for security reason if those   key   are not public share.

image.png.d43141dca47957b5fa9897cb7f0af61d.png

On 12/01/2020 at 15:23, zitu4life said:

So do I need that ?   What if i want my website to not shows that I use WHMCS, is there a way to remove it if I do not need that, or hide it?

it will be obvious to anyone familiar with WHMCS checking the site that you're using WHMCS - not least because you've got a Powered by WHMCS branding link on it... yeah, I know it's not visible in your custom template, but I can see it in the source code (and if I switch the site to use Six).... plus there are other ways too that you could tell it's WHMCS.

but to the question if you need it - let's put it this way, there's no reason to remove it. 🙂

Hello,

This is used by WHMCS, the variable being used within the files to ensure that the path to WHMCS is correct.

It would not be recommended to remove it as it will be there for a reason. It was added a few versions back and has not always been part of WHMCS.

I think anyone who is going to check your source code for signs that WHMCS is used will find many other tell-tale signs so removing it won't really stop someone being able to find out. For example the file names (all.min.css, scripts.min.css), the structure of HTML, the page URLs etc are all easy to notice signs for someone who is familiar with WHMCS.

Regards,
Jack