Addon SSL option for Hosting Services

jacksony

10 hours ago, jacksony said:

Hi, but we want to sell our own SSL. Any such module we can do that?

I think your first port of call should be to find out if your SSL supplier has its own WHMCS module... but are you asking about just selling them in the cart, or provisioning them automatically too... or both ??

in the cart, they're just product addons (usually), so you should be able to add them as options during ordering already... possibly you might want to style them, but off-hand i'm not sure of any specific addon that would style them differently in the cart (if that's what you're asking about).

3 minutes ago, jacksony said:

But we want an easy way to offer them as add-on during hosting sign up. Is there a way for us to do that?

the default way would be to configure them as product addons and then assign these SSL product addons to the hosting products that you want them to be offered with.

https://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Addons

during ordering of these hosting products, the SSL addons would then be available as an option for the user to add to the cart..

On 07/12/2019 at 12:58, jacksony said:

Understood. Then it is not the ideal we wanted, because by doing so, there will be duplicate of the same SSL products (one as addon and one under product and services) which is not what we wanted.

I agree - but that's exactly how the MarketConnect products work... when enabled, they will be added as both products in their own right, and also product addons (auto assigned to the appropriate type of hosting products)... so adding them as product addons would be the simplest way to do it (unless you're telling me you have too many SSL products to duplicate!).

you could add links to other products in the cart templates/hooks, but that could disrupt the order flow if you add them in the wrong place...

another option might be to use product bundles, where you can group 2 or more products together... but then you're in the realms of deciding which ssl product you want to choose for the user... and i'm working on the assumption that if you only had a handful of SSL product options, you wouldn't be so hesitant about using product addons!

Hi,

Is it possible to add add-on additional option for domain registration? Like a "3rd Party DNS Hosting Service"? I understand there is "DNS Managment" option available already, but that is more for DNS management from registrar. But we want to have our own option to offer our own DNS hosting service.

Also, I notice "Add-on option" has "Module Settings" under it. Does it mean it is possible to provision a "cPanel Hosting" as an add-on?

3 hours ago, jacksony said:

Is it possible to add add-on additional option for domain registration?

it's probably possible to do most things if you can put the time/effort in... 🙂

in the sense that I think you mean this, there are no domain addon options that you can configure from the admin area - if you can hijack one of the three existing options (i.e one is unused and ideally not compatible with your registrar), then that's the simplest way to do this... cos then you're just using language overrides to change the text and the cart will already be setup to include them.... of course, no automation would take place without additional coding.

shall I post a link to the usual 6+ year feature request for this  - 7 years, 45 votes and mentions that it won't get added because it's only getting 6 votes a year.... I think you have already posted a question in that request!. 😲

3 hours ago, jacksony said:

Like a "3rd Party DNS Hosting Service"? I understand there is "DNS Management" option available already, but that is more for DNS management from registrar. But we want to have our own option to offer our own DNS hosting service.

the usual way to do something like this would probably be to set it up as a product (hidden if you want to remove users seeing it in the menus) and then adding a link to it in the domains configuration page...

SlLNoE6.png

as you probably know, the No Hosting! link just goes to cart.php, but there's nothing to stop you adding a second link that goes direct to a specific product (which requires a domain) - in this case, that link goes to...

cart.php?a=add&pid=17&sld={$sld}&tld={$tld}&billingcycle=annually

as you can see, i'm adding the sld and tld values from the current domain to remove the step of choosing the domain already in the cart for the user - those variables don't exist in the template, so i'm created them in the template using Smarty - that bit you could do by hook if you wanted to, but you're going to almost certainly have to edit the template anyway to add the link output... the billingcycle is set to annual (I assume you're charging annually for the service) and after add the DNS product to the cart, they will be redirected back to domains configuration (if any of the 3 default addons are enabled for the TLD), or redirected to viewcart if there aren't... using skipconfig in the url would redirect the user to viewcart.

you could even do this back to front and use the above product directly, and as it has a requirement for a domain, it will allow you to search for domains during the ordering process - but as I say, that's a back to front ordering process which is probably not what you want to do and  potentially confusing to the user.

4 hours ago, jacksony said:

Also, I notice "Add-on option" has "Module Settings" under it. Does it mean it is possible to provision a "cPanel Hosting" as an add-on?

you couldn't assign a product addon to a domain, they could only be assigned to a product.

with regards to product addons having module options, that was brought in a couple of years back with v7.2 - but I don't think they're relevant to your situation.

Hi Brian,

1. For the domain add-on, your method is very creative. This is indeed what we wanted. We will wait a while more to see if it will be implemented in the 8th year 😄 Reason is integration is always better than customization, which can be broken in the future due to new updates.

2. For the product add-on module option, let's say the add-on is a cPanel hosting ontop of an existing service (Cloud Server), I'm wondering how can WHMCS provision this add-on cPanel hosting automatically? Reason is I didn't see anywhere during order form which it ask for userid or password for the add-on cPanel option. Does it mean further customization is needed, in order to provision add-on cPanel hosting as an add-on?

8 hours ago, jacksony said:

For the domain add-on, your method is very creative. This is indeed what we wanted.

with further tweaks, it could be made to look more visually appealing!

We will wait a while more to see if it will be implemented in the 8th year 😄

it won't be implemented any time soon - even if the numbers of votes existed today, it's probably too late for v7.9 and it's not the sort of feature they would likely add to a minor release e.g v7.9.1, so it's going to be v8 at the earliest (assuming the next major release is v8 and not v7.10 lol)

Reason is integration is always better than customization, which can be broken in the future due to new updates. 

that depends on a) the quality of the built-in integration and b) the skills of the developer doing the customisation! 😉

I doubt a link to a product would be broken by an update... unless/until the entire cart process changes, but it's the same now as it has been for years.

For the product add-on module option, let's say the add-on is a cPanel hosting ontop of an existing service (Cloud Server), I'm wondering how can WHMCS provision this add-on cPanel hosting automatically? Reason is I didn't see anywhere during order form which it ask for userid or password for the add-on cPanel option. Does it mean further customization is needed, in order to provision add-on cPanel hosting as an add-on?

additional coding can be needed for the provisioning of product addons.