Can i use WHMCS as a developer to earn a small percentage from club membership fees website via my whmcs interface?

adamjedgar

Hi guys, 

I am not sure how to title this question...sorry for the long title.

Ok, so I have bee tasked with building a club website where they charge and receive payment for memberships.

At first, I was going to use the Wordpress plugin S2Member on the website to record members and take payments. Then I realised that in order to use the e-commerce gateway functionality of S2member, it appears that one must buy the premium version that cost about $100 AUD.

I am also building another site for a small paragliding business who also take payments for instruction and tandem flights? 

Now it has occurred to me...can I instead use my own whmcs for these and charge a small fee for each payment made?

If so,

1. I want to obviously keep it separated from my current whmcs Webhosting interface, I suppose that would be a matter of simply creating a special group for this club yes?

2. Can i assign a different website front end to the whmcs interface for this, or would it automatically display my own business branding on the front end? (whilst not a deal-breaker, could this be customised to some extent to reflect the club?)

Edited by adamjedgar

3 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

1. I want to obviously keep it separated from my current whmcs Webhosting interface, I suppose that would be a matter of simply creating a special group for this club yes? 

Yes. All you need is a simple true/false for membership status.

5 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

2. Can i assign a different website front end to the whmcs interface for this, or would it automatically display my own business branding on the front end? (whilst not a deal-breaker, could this be customised to some extent to reflect the club?)

Yes, you can display any template you want based on the true/false status I have previously mentioned.

Anyway could you please provide more details about your project with an example?

Technically   it looks possible to  made happen, but  you should also think   on issues regarding   Privacy and Policy   personal   client data   for those   membership   end   users.

If those   institution   also o has   their  own manager   means   that they could   also want to have their   "let's   say admin login",   So   I do not know   if there is any module   out-there that could   separate   your clients (Webhosting business from   others   membership    users)  and regarding   invoices,   how to  separate   it completely?.

There   some modules   that could  point  you to take a look   Katamaze Modules   and also   Modules garden  Multibrand  but   I  am not  sure if any will suits your desired needs.👴

Mixing    things  (clients for one   company   with another company,  invoices, etc...)   can bring you   issues  in future. Why   not create   sole   WHMCS   installations   from  each other company needs  and you still   charge those   others company   for   hosting+whmcs  license+your   developer  work   solution  for them?

There is future request  regarding  something   interesting   here but WHMCS never   changed their status in  6 years.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/multiple-billing-accounts-using-one-login

There is also  a   modules   for   modules   garden   Reseller Center that   can   allow   you   have   clients   that will   "belong   to   reseller" but  this modules at the end mix   again  your   main  clients   to   reseller clients...So    there   is  no   best   solution   to  advice  you unless   running   different   separate WHMCS   environment.

Edited by zitu4life

• 3 weeks later...

just to clarify, 

Part A

i was thinking that I could set up a group for the client/club in question. This part is doable i think.

Part B

Setup multiple PayPal payment gateways in WHMCS

1.  WHMCS Paypal account@email.com (for reselling my Webhosting services)

2. client/club Paypal account@email.com (for the client's members to pay their annual membership fees into)

Client currently use Paypal. Does the Paypal module for WHMCS support what I am suggesting in Part B above? (ie having more than one Paypal account in WHMCS)

6 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

Does the PayPal module for WHMCS support what I am suggesting in Part B above? (ie having more than one PayPal account in WHMCS)

no.

with the solution below, you should be able to use multiple email addresses with the same PayPal account in WHMCS...

... whether it could be tweaked to operate with multiple separate PayPal accounts, I don't know.