LiveChat AddOn

rockhost

I did indeed.  There is also a third that caught my eye => https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/1998 (LiveChat) If you had to pick just one, what would it be? Tawk.to hasn't been updated in over two years so that makes me a little hesitant. LiveChat hasn't been updated in over a year. And, the WHMCS Live Chat and Tracker isn't rated / reviewed as high. Hmm...

Thanks!

The Tawk.to computer app looks updated. Perhaps I should have said the Tawk.to WHMCS module has not been updated in two years (5th May 2017). Is it still working well for you? What version of WHMCS do you have installed? I see the compatibility is only checked up to v7.2. I'm running v7.8.3.

Thanks again!

16 minutes ago, rockhost said:

The Tawk.to computer app looks updated. Perhaps I should have said the Tawk.to WHMCS module has not been updated in two years (5th May 2017).

it's likely just a case that they haven't updated their listing in Marketplace - doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't kept the software updated, nor that it's incompatible with later versions... just that they haven't bothered to confirm it in their listing.

8 minutes ago, rockhost said:

I am back from a quick chat with Tawk. The module has NOT been confirmed to work with anything past WHMCS 7.2. The status in the WHMCS MarketPlace is correct. However, still might be worth a try.

I can't recall any threads in the last couple of years saying that it doesn't work... and with it's widespread use, I don't think that would be the case if there was an issue.

I tested   WHMCS official  Livechat   last month, so here are   my feel, but I never   tested any other   so there is no reference   comparing   each one   but price   can be compared:

-   Livechat    from  WHMCS  costs   $6.95 USD Monthly    (includes branding) and    (no branding) - $9.95/mo  and    tawk.to    looks to be free  but I did not test it because it says  support   v7.2

3 hours ago, wsa said:

I will   give it a try if it is free.

@rockhost  regarding    livechat   if   tawk.to is free , so  WHMCS   is expensive.   On live   chat you   will    have   and    web   admin   interface , not your WHMCS   admin where you   will see  all news users   and   clients   visiting your website  , you can   set   a picture   on your profiles,  etc, bla bla bla

I canceled   it because   my website   is completely    on maintenance.  But   that live   chat did   not impressed me,   for   what    I have   to pay   monthly.

I will    test   tawk.to   as   I see   others    users   are still using   it.

But   tawk.to    is   100%   free?

Thanks all! Ok, while chatting with another Tawk  agent this morning about the WHMCS module I was directed to the embed code as a better solution. I also realize I need to use live chat on a domain and sub domain (WHMCS install) so this is the best option for me as far as I can tell. And yes, it is totally free.

Edited by rockhost