Related Service Field in Support Tickets.

Chad

When clients open tickets, why is the Related Service field not mandatory? Clients (many) have multiple hosting accounts and the never specify which service they're requesting support for. This is plain common sense that they  should make this field mandatory. No excuses.

Edited by Chad

10 hours ago, Chad said:

When clients open tickets, why is the Related Service field not mandatory?

because it might not be related to a specific service? because it might relate to multiple services ??

from the other side, it can be frustrating to the user if they have a query that isn't service specific, but they end up being forced to choose a service at random just so that they can submit the ticket... i've ran across that on other sites, and it is so annoying.

there's a commercial hook available that can supposedly do this, but i've never used it, so i've no idea if it works.

WHMCS by default lets your customers pick a service, addon or domain when opening a ticket. For some departments it could be useful to force this, setting the Related Service select required. This is exactly what this hook does.

the developer's username here is @wtricks so he should be able to confirm whether it still works or not - he's still visiting these forums, so I assume that he's still active.