WHMCS as frontend and blog from wordpress

Hello  there

I would like to  hear what others are doing.

I have customize a front-end  WHMCS template to be my own. Since it is a not encrypted template I could customize it to look my previously website  that I shutdown. So    now I only have WHMCS.
intend to add a blog to my WHMCS. So what I have done so far:

I search online that wordpress is good (never used it before). I found on google 2 options:

1- create a folder named blog and instal l wordpress blog as subdirectory.

2- create a subdomain blog.domainwebsite.com and install wordpress blog there and just point my website to there. Since I am learning I prefer have things separate each one on their cpanel.

So I will create with hook on  navbar blog on WHMCS and set url to  blog cpanel.

I want my blog to looks like my  template website, is there possible to  deal with workpress like WHMCS customizing files tpl? want to have my footer and header on my blog.

Others says on google that having blog as subdirectory folder is better for SEO, so I should consider this options preferable, I really do not want to mix things , and also my blog at first time is like private for my currently clients,.

what are best practices outthere?

Edited by zitu4life

I want my blog to looks like my  template website, is there possible to  deal with workpress like WHMCS customizing files tpl? want to have my footer and header on my blog.

Not that I know off.

I made my WordPress theme from my whmcs theme. I did this myself and it took a few days. It was my first time making a WordPress theme and was rather straight forward.

16 minutes ago, DigitalBS said:

I made my WordPress theme from my whmcs theme

Sorry for this newbie   question. but   wordpress is relative new for me, I have on last 4 days managing to learn it. When you say  I made my wordpress theme...it is like ...

You create a theme in Wordpress in a way   that you will  override each page with WHMCS url or you wordpress theme works like a client template?🙁

5 hours ago, Remitur said:

Two security suggests:

• use it only on a different subdomain (never, never use it as a subdirectory of your WHMCS)
  • Install it on a different hosting service (if possible, on a different server, with different IP)

Appreciate  all advice's , many thanks

I  have installed it  on   sub-domain   on different  cpanel with different  IP,  on a managed  VPS with cloudflare security   and firewall.   For now installing it on  2  different   datacenter  will be costly   as  I am starting  on hosting  business now, but expect i n future to  follow those advice's.

There   is any  blog   in terms of security  better that wordpress you  recommend?

5 hours ago, zitu4life said:

There   is any  blog   in terms of security  better that wordpress you  recommend?

WordPress, if you keep it up-to-date and use it properly, is quite safe.

There're two reasons why I suggest to install it in a different environment than WHMCS:

• WordPress for malware it's like honey for bees: it's so common, that there're thousands of BOT around which scans any WordPress site, looking for a vulnerability... keeping your WP blog far from your WHMCS, you'll also keep away a number of bot scanner...
  • WHMCS security is of much higher importance:  on WHMCS you manage domains and services of your customers (and, of course, money of yours...), while in WordPress you manage just news (and maybe user subscriptions...)
    On WHMCS you'll set up security management services (i.e. 2FA, VPN for administrative interface etc.) which would be excessive and annoying for WordPress.
    Besides this, having two different environments you can freely leave a third party (i.e. a freelance) access your WordPress for maintenance, without leaving him access to your WHMCS too... 😉

• 2 years later...

I can really feel your excitement, as I too was excited couple of years ago, when decided to launch my first blog on WordPress. Now, I have couple of them running on the same platform and never faced any problem. You can make use of WordPress plugins to enhance your functionality. But, make sure not to overload your blog with them as it will hamper the loading time of your blog.

Best of luck J

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2019 at 12:11 AM, Remitur said:

WordPress is a completely different planet... Two security suggests:

• use it only on a different subdomain (never, never use it as a subdirectory of your WHMCS)
  • Install it on a different hosting service (if possible, on a different server, with different IP)

Or atleast use a firewall and malware scanner at a minimum

On 10/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, Remitur said:

WordPress, if you keep it up-to-date and use it properly, is quite safe.

There're two reasons why I suggest to install it in a different environment than WHMCS:

• WordPress for malware it's like honey for bees: it's so common, that there're thousands of BOT around which scans any WordPress site, looking for a vulnerability... keeping your WP blog far from your WHMCS, you'll also keep away a number of bot scanner...
  • WHMCS security is of much higher importance:  on WHMCS you manage domains and services of your customers (and, of course, money of yours...), while in WordPress you manage just news (and maybe user subscriptions...)
    On WHMCS you'll set up security management services (i.e. 2FA, VPN for administrative interface etc.) which would be excessive and annoying for WordPress.
    Besides this, having two different environments you can freely leave a third party (i.e. a freelance) access your WordPress for maintenance, without leaving him access to your WHMCS too... 😉

Key Takeaway: Keep it up to date

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/wordpress-core-vulnerabilities/432042/