Upgrading to 7.8.x and payment methods are mixed up

Hi

Thought I would share this so others are aware: -

After upgrading we saw many issues with customers payment methods and had to roll back: -

1, Says Direct Debit however it is sage pay with the remote key and no card number but it says direct debit!

2,  Shows Visa ending for example 1234 but when clicking into it all the info is there but it says it is the myworks paypal billing module but it is not it is sagepay!

3, Another is a mastercard but when you click in it says it is gocardless!

Just a few examples but it was messed up across the board so you may want to think twice or be very aware before upgrading to this latest release.

WHMCS have been able to replicate this from their side from the ticket we opened and they have created CORE-13682

Thanks

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @pacwebhosting

We've received reports of problems with Pay Methods migration where the data is not formatted in expected ways. Without wishing to point fingers, the after-market Myworks PayPal Billing Module does seem to come up in a few of these conversations.

We are working to isolate these cases of unexpected data combinations and make the migration process more robust for new upgrades in the forthcoming 7.8.3 maintenance release.

In the meantime, please follow these steps:

• Navigate to the client's Summary tab,
  • Click on the Pay Method
  • In the modal which appears, use the "Payment Gateway" dropdown to re-assign the card/token to the correct payment gateway.
  • Click Save

Hi @WHMCS John

Thanks for replying I am looking forward to getting us on to 7.8.x

Unfortunately following those steps for all of our clients is something that will take simply too long as it affects all customers.

Although the myworks module comes up I am not sure how that could be an issue as to how the upgrade script fails to allocate the existing method to a new multi payment method WHMCS system, unless you are saying the upgrade script interacts with the relevant payment method module to work?

So at this point we are waiting for the CORE fix.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

You're welcome! I was doing old school upgrades and manually uploading all new files. This time, I decided to use the automatic upgrade and then upload our custom theme. It worked great and saved us a lot of time.

We've been using 7.8.3 for 2 days now and everything seems to be working properly (new orders, auto debit, crons, etc).

DL

• 2 weeks later...

There is a bug After upgrading from 7.6.2 to 7.8.3 using paypal pro reference .  Some of the 'Remote Gateway Token' dont appear in the clients accounts.  Its like there card arent being migrated over.  I think when a client adds a card, it doesnt get a gateway token until it charges the first time.   So something isn't updating correctly.

https://whmcs.community/files/file/114-payment-gateway-issues-reference-eway-authnet-cim-stripe/

In addition the client area 'manage credit card' was missing.  Plus I couldn't add payment methods from admin, it kept saying please use a valid payment gateway while two paypal and paypal pro are both active.

I tried to upgrade twice.   Had to revert back to 7.6.2 for now.  I even used the hotfix above.  Which helped some, but its not fully working for me

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @mhx,

Reference tokens do not provide the ability to remotely manage card details, so this option will not be displayed in the new Payment Methods interface in admin or client areas.

In v7.8, as in 7.7 reference gateways require the client to pay an invoice with new card details, and those will be used as the reference for future payments over the  next 12 months.

To benefit from remote card management, I'd suggest considering one of the gateways which has both Remote Update Card  & Remote Delete Card  features: https://docs.whmcs.com/Payment_Gateways#Tokenisation_Gateways