This Pop up Add Products are hard coded

zitu4life

Hello I Was trying edit this pop up WHMCS Add Predefined products on Quotes and did not find any .tpl file to edit it. Is it hard codec and we can not change it or there is a workaround  we can over pass it?  CSS I guess wound not do that, Editing TPL could be a solution if it is not hard coded, maybe Hook, but not sure...If there is no way, OK we can live with that, but would be nice if could replace it with a WHMCS company installation name.

image.png.8578f0144b3e8f293d8d3ad584f797fb.png

Edited by zitu4life

21 hours ago, zitu4life said:

I Was trying edit this pop up WHMCS Add Predefined products on Quotes and did not find any .tpl file to edit it. Is it hard codec and we can not change it or there is a workaround  we can over pass it?

it's not a template, it's hardcoded and I doubt you could even tweak it with a hook.

21 hours ago, zitu4life said:

If there is no way, OK we can live with that, but would be nice if could replace it with a WHMCS company installation name.

I think you will have to live with it.

btw - as a general point, be very careful about trying to micromanage changes to WHMCS like this - especially in the admin area... it's fine now, and probably for the rest of the year, because you're doing these changes in the v7.8 beta, but there is no knowing what changes are going to be in v8 and if you've got multiple hooks, css changes and template edits tweaking the admin area in the most minute details, then you may run into a lot of issues when updating in the future.

2 hours ago, brian! said:

Yes, possible you are right, but i will submit a future request, there is 2 pop up scenario I found this situation, We have a branded license, so would be nice WHMCS allow us to edit it to our company name in future, sure, future request can take years, but if no one requested it, chance to have it changed is ZERO%.

On emails on client tab clientTab-11 we have some issue hard-coded

image.png.7f5fe8e050650542b48782b6298c149c.png

2 hours ago, brian! said:

it's not a template, it's hardcoded and I doubt you could even tweak it with a hook.

btw - as a general point, be very careful about trying to micromanage changes to WHMCS like this - especially in the admin area... it's fine now, and probably for the rest of the year, because you're doing these changes in the v7.8 beta, but there is no knowing what changes are going to be in v8 and if you've got multiple hooks, css changes and template edits tweaking the admin area in the most minute details, then you may run into a lot of issues when updating in the future.

Most customization are done on my Dev license and free license received from host provider, not production use, and some post are made in way to learn the limit of WHMCS regarding customization and also helping me understanding more related coding CSS, Hooks, and also I know you could not be here forever, and I know that some posts could not be answered if you are not here, and will never learn related to that...There is also WHMCS support Staff when we opened a ticked, but in my opinion they are also learning with my posts.😅

There's an extremely boring way to remove that thing.

Usually when I need to change an hard coded modal, I simply replace it with my own one with jQuery inside AdminAreaHeaderOutput hook point + onPageLoad event using the most specific selector available then I do the following:

1. Override the event/trigger that opens the modal so that it opens mine instead of the one of WHMCS
  2. If there's just one modal in the page put my replacement somewhere in the body ready to fire otherwise I use an ajax POST to get the information I need from a custom script

As I said earlier, it's boring and long to code 🤢 In fact you need JQuery to override, replace and fire the modal and also a custom .php script to retreive all the information you need. That's part of the game.

25 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

Yes, possible you are right, but i will submit a future request, there is 2 pop up scenario I found this situation, We have a branded license, so would be nice WHMCS allow us to edit it to our company name in future, sure, future request can take years, but if no one requested it, chance to have it changed is ZERO%.

if 6 years of dealing with WHMCS has taught me anything, it's to bypass them wherever possible and find solutions yourself.... the idea of submitting a feature request can be as much use as a chocolate teapot, but that's a conversation for another time in another place... and not one i'll get sucked into here and now. 🙂

you weren't around when WHMCS decided to add their own logo to admin emails - nobody requested it, it never existed before that update, came with no prior warning and users complained about it during its betas... what happened ? nothing... it's still there.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/make-email-branding-removal-possible

so the idea that they're keen on removing branding* from WHMCS is questionable - technically what you want to do is easy with access to the source code, but without it - hell you can see the steps that Kian suggests would be required.

* not that i'd really consider your issue as branding in that sense - I mean everyone seeing these popups will already know they're using WHMCS and so having WHMCS in the title of a popup is irrelevant for most users... although I can see it might be nice to change it, yet hardly the most urgent thing for WHMCS to deal with.... possibly the popup window title could even be changed with a Chrome extension - yeah, I know this is just a theoretical exercise for you, but in practice, if an extension exists, then using that woul dbe quicker than any alternative, including waiting for a feature request to be completed.

32 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

On emails on client tab clientTab-11 we have some issue hard-coded

that's just a query to the tblemails database table and outputting the result.... would be possible to build an alternate unbranded popup method to display emails if you really wanted to do so.

36 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

There is also WHMCS support Staff when we opened a ticked, but in my opinion they are also learning with my posts.😅

I don't discriminate - i'll happily teach WHMCS staff a thing or two if they want to ask ! LOL... although you would hope that if they're worth their salt, they should already know more than me anyway!

15 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

I have submit a future request and also bring @WHMCS ChrisD to this post

well, if you think doing so will help...

11 minutes ago, zitu4life said:

perhaps WHMCS even did not realized that still Hard-coded TITLE BAR that can not be edited.

it's going to be a legacy issue and I bet that internal code hasn't changed significantly in years.... they'll know about it, but I can tell you that nobody else has ever mentioned this here in my time here as far as I can remember - and i've read every thread posted here in the last 6 years.

btw - you should post the URL of that request when it gets approved because I doubt others will find it if you don't.

1 hour ago, zitu4life said:

also I know you could not be here forever

none of us will be....

4 hours ago, brian! said:

you weren't around when WHMCS decided to add their own logo to admin emails - nobody requested it, it never existed before that update, came with no prior warning and users complained about it during its betas... what happened ? nothing... it's still there.

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/make-email-branding-removal-possible

so the idea that they're keen on removing branding* from WHMCS is questionable - technically what you want to do is easy with access to the source code, but without it - hell you can see the steps that Kian suggests would be required.

Actually I was Thinking that Bored Water-logo 🤔 on Admin emails last since first WHMCS version, now I understand when you say we can not predict what could happen in future. I guess WHMCS has millions of license sold out, so they should made their clients more happy, so we will buy more and more licenses and best we will continue paying forever. 😃

• 1 month later...

Hello  there

We all known that future request does not mean that  requests will get implemented, but it is the way WHMCS works, so  we just have  a new future requests   regarding this thread, so please give your vote , it just take  1 minute.

here you have a link   https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/whmcs-admin-pop-up-branding-allow-edit-title-bar-whmcs-to-company-installation-name

👍