Intalling WordPress Theme on existing WHMCS installation

As there is a lack of SEO, language support and theme editing options on WHMC installation I have decided to install WordPress theme.

Currently, my WHMCS is installed directly on my domain  www.mydomain.co.uk but with WordPress theme, I think would be best to install WHMCS in folder  www.mydomain.co.uk/whmcs

I have to add that Wordpress Theme is only partial ready as I never used  WHMCS Bridge and WHMpress and will need to work on the design on working WHMCS.

I'm not sure how to handle this to make as less impact on running WHMCS as possible.

I'm sure some of you had done the same thing and could give me some advice or steps to follow.

Like I said multiple times on this community (I'm boring 😟), first off make sure that WP and WHMCS stay on two separate hosting packages for security reasons. Why? Long story short if someone cracks your WP also your WHMCS is compromised. The problem is that WP is intrinsically less secure for a number of reasons (very popular among people and lamers, huge number of third party components available...).

I'd like to underline another aspect but first let me say that I'm not trying to promote anything or change your idea. I'm just sharing with you my experience with WHMCS. I dislike a lot the use of Wordpress, Drupal or any other CMS to overcome the lacks of WHMCS. In the short run using WP looks a great idea but let's focus on the big-picture this for a second. Having two systems to handle the same website could be a frustrating experience.

• The idea of having to focus on two separate admin interface doesn't look promising. It's already hard to keep an eye on WHMCS, all servers you have (cP, Plesk, DA...), registrars. With WP we're adding another variable to equation. That's distracting
  • You'll find yourself repeating the same operations on WHMCS and WP so that they always look the same or similar year after year. For example you'll have to produce two "versions" of your template. One that works for WHMCS and the other for WP
  • As if keeping secure and updated WHMCS with all modules, addons and servers wasn't enough, now you also need to take care of WP

In conclusion installing WP for sure is the fastest way to get what you need. You just need to work on it for X weeks, install Y and Z and cross your fingers hoping that an update of WHMCS or WP doesn't force you to spend hours to fix something that no longer works as expected. I had to deal things like WP + WHMCS for years and this combo made me waste countless number of hours. Personally I decided to follow another path. Instead of installing another CMS to "complete" WHMCS and waste time and patience in the long run, I added all the missing pieces to WHMCS since it has tons of hooks and API to work with.

Take what I just said with a grain of salt. This was just my opinion. Using WP doesn't hurt anyone 🙂

I totally agree with @Kian.

Firstly have to say I an not an advanced user and also not a programmer, but the first decision I took from the beginning is to have my website and WHMCS on separate hosting, and no way to move it, only a link from my website to WHMCS hosting. Not only regarding security (for security issues I am using a Managed VPS on a big reputable hosting provider to reduce risks and also I know it is not 100% safe).

WHMCS platform deals with sensitive information, like clients profile, gateway payment, etc, and this platform should be online >99%, so why to mix things and increase the risks of have all mess up and a change of system down due to possible some conflict and some wrong maintenance not planned. You could loose money because future client finds your website down, and currently clients you had acquire starts thinking if your website or sometimes down, you are not so good like they though.

WHMCS has updates 2 or 3 updates during every year, so why takes risks involving another system together.

Taking Kian advice will avoid possible future issues, that will compensate costs regarding one more hosting account.👍

I just bought a wordpress theme but I also bought lagom theme for whmcs. With the wordpress theme they use the plugin whmcs bridge and it requires the root login details for the whmcs install. Is this safe to do? Giving your whmcs root logins to this whmcs plugin? https://wordpress.org/plugins/whmcs-bridge/

Am I on the wrong path here? I thought lagom for whmcs would allow me to add simple things like an About Us page, but maybe not.

So far I have spent nearly $200 and just have a whmcs with a members area, nothing that could be shown to the public.