Can you send an email to registered users that have no services?

Web Host Pro

17 hours ago, Web Host Pro said:

I would like to send an email to the registered accounts that have no purchases anything yet.

I suspect the Email Marketer could perhaps be a better tool here (though i've never tried to do what you want to do with it) - but no doubt Mass Mail could be persuaded to perform the task too if you asked it nicely.

With the marketer, I can see two options...

1. you choose a client-related email and set the "Maximum Number of Active Products/Services" value to 0 - though potentially this will find not only clients who haven't ordered yet, but also those that have but whose products are now cancelled/terminated etc.
  2. you choose a product-related email and focus on the "Does Not Have Product/Service" options...

Does Not Have Product/Service - If the client does not have the product/service active selected here the email will be sent. This option is useful for upselling products, Ie. "You've got product x you might be interested in product y". This kind of personalised message can greatly increase conversion rates.
    Selecting multiple items here will results in clients who do not have any one of the products selected will be sent the email.

... so accordingly, highlighting all the products in that list, should send the emails to clients that have none of those services - I don't know if selecting "None" has the same effect... it's effectively a double-negative and I don't know if none means none; none means any or it has no effect either way.... the other quirk in this is that it likely won't include domains, so users that have registered domains, but not but a service or addon could be included in the results, so possibly runs foul of your "not bought anything" condition...

with regards to Mass Mail, I suspect your simplest option would be to assign these clients who haven't ordered yet to an unique Client Group and then use the option of highlighting that client group in your selection within Mass Mail - that assignation could probably be achieved with a SQL query as a client with no services/addons/domains will exist in the clients database table, but not the tables used by the other three.