Stripe Module - New checkout?

Hi guys,

I'm using WHMCS with the Stripe module. I know it's been said that WHMCS will be making the Stripe module SCA ready in before the deadline, but will it be using the new checkout (https://stripe.com/docs/payments/checkout). We're wanting to implement Stripe's Chargeback Protection, but it uses the new checkout. I'm assuming the Stripe module is using the legacy checkout? Can someone weigh in on this before we make any decisions?

Well, the Stripe Checkout seems like a pre-built checkout form which helps the website owner accept payments quickly and easily, mostly without having Developer support.

Payment Intents API is the API for almost every Stripe products.

Quotes from Stripe Website.

The Payment Intents API also serves as the foundation of other products such as Terminal. In the future, we expect this API to power all payment collection on Stripe.

Use our dynamic Payment Intents API together with Stripe Elements, Stripe.js, or our mobile SDKs to design your own SCA-ready payment form.

I guess WHMCS is upgrading the module to have the 3DS feature by using Payment Intents API + Stripe Elements. See both Stripe 3D Secure and Migrate to Stripe Elements Implementation requests are In Progress.

And that a solution for the long run! 🙏

1 minute ago, Jafar Muhammed said:

Well, the Stripe Checkout seems like a pre-built checkout form which helps the website owner accept payments quickly and easily, mostly without having Developer support.

Payment Intents API is the API for almost every Stripe products.

Quotes from Stripe Website.

I guess WHMCS is upgrading the module to have the 3DS feature by using Payment Intents API + Stripe Elements. See both Stripe 3D Secure and Migrate to Stripe Elements Implementation requests are In Progress.

And that a solution for the long run! 🙏

Indeed, it just seems odd they wouldn't integrate Chargeback Protection with their Payment Intents API. Surely, most business would use the API rather than just the checkout.

From https://stripe.com/gb/radar/chargeback-protection

Chargeback Protection is available for businesses in the US and Europe using the new Checkout, for an additional 0.4% per transaction.

This is a very recently launched feature and limited to the US and EU. Maybe the feature will get a room for others and through the Payment Intents API sometime shortly.

You know Stripe has many features and products for limited customers, like Stripe Checkout (went GA just a week ago) that is for the US only.