Billing Settings for Domain Renewals

Craft

Hi

In the "Invoice Generation" section at Billing Settings

((Enter the number of days before the renewal date to generate invoices for domain renewals below:))

Is it will run on (Expiry Date) or (Next Due Date) of the domain?

Billing Settings - Domain.png

10 hours ago, brian! said:

next due date.

@brian! ok fine..

What will happen if the client didn't pay when (Next Due Date) is reached?

Kindly noted that the (Expiry Date) is 2 months later = (The client has transferred his domain to my company 2 month earlier from the Expiry date).

His domain will be suspended or something?

If the client hasn't paid for the domain, then it would depend on the domain TLD policies, it may have expired, been put into redemption or released back to the registry, most domains such as .com. .org and another year to the domain when transferring so if he transferred it to you 2 months prior to the expiry day it will extend another 12 months from expiry.

6 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

If the client hasn't paid for the domain, then it would depend on the domain TLD policies, it may have expired, been put into redemption or released back to the registry, most domains such as .com. .org and another year to the domain when transferring so if he transferred it to you 2 months prior to the expiry day it will extend another 12 months from expiry.

@WHMCS ChrisD Sorry, I don't mean that.

What if the domain (Next Due Date) is (01-January-2019) and the (Expiry Date) is (01-March-2019)

The system will ask the client to pay the invoice and renew the domain on (01-January-2019), what if the client didn't pay until February?

4 hours ago, Craft said:

The system will ask the client to pay the invoice and renew the domain on (01-January-2019), what if the client didn't pay until February?

WHMCS shouldn't attempt to automatically renew it until the invoice is marked as paid - and it will only do that if "Auto Renew On Payment" is enabled in General Settings.

the quirk would be if you've got auto-renew enabled with your registrar - but the WHMCS recommendation is to have this feature disabled with the registrar and let WHMCS control the renewal process.... and in any event, that wouldn't kick in until March, by which time they should have paid anyway.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

WHMCS shouldn't attempt to automatically renew it until the invoice is marked as paid - and it will only do that if "Auto Renew On Payment" is enabled in General Settings.

the quirk would be if you've got auto-renew enabled with your registrar - but the WHMCS recommendation is to have this feature disabled with the registrar and let WHMCS control the renewal process.... and in any event, that wouldn't kick in until March, by which time they should have paid anyway.

@brian! I want to the system to suspend the domain access if the client didn't renew the domain within few days after the (Next Due Date) reached.

Same as Hosting plans

12 hours ago, Craft said:

I want to the system to suspend the domain access if the client didn't renew the domain within few days after the (Next Due Date) reached. Same as Hosting plans

aahh but then you could run into all sorts of anomalies... if you suspended the domain, but the client has already paid for hosting long past the domain's next due date, then you're effectively suspending the hosting too... I suppose if the domain was just parked, then you could manipulate it in some way, but generally i've always found it easier to have NDD the same, or close to, the expiry date.

btw - domains enter a grace period after expiry, not straight to redemption... unless on the rare occasions where a TLD has a 0-day grace period.

Gtld-lifecycle.jpg

12 minutes ago, brian! said:

aahh but then you could run into all sorts of anomalies... if you suspended the domain, but the client has already paid for hosting long past the domain's next due date, then you're effectively suspending the hosting too... I suppose if the domain was just parked, then you could manipulate it in some way, but generally i've always found it easier to have NDD the same, or close to, the expiry date.

btw - domains enter a grace period after expiry, not straight to redemption... unless on the rare occasions where a TLD has a 0-day grace period.

Gtld-lifecycle.jpg

Yea perfect, I will do that.

Also I will sync the (Next due date) to be same as (Expiry date).

Thank you @brian! :)