Post Reactions - How they help you move up in the community

You may not have noticed it before, at the bottom of each page is a heart, if you hover over this you'll get another 8 reactions that you can use to give members "Kudos/Thanks/Thumbs up or Down" on the community.  It's available on every post, except for your own.

2019-04-28_15-35-05.png

Each reaction adds or removes from a users reputation, as well as contributes to the ranking of the posters leaderboard.  We've added these as a way to make interacting on the community a bit more fun, instead of posting a Thanks or Like you can just use a reaction. You can see a members total reputation points in the Postbit on the left hand side of each post, just below their Community Rank.

2019-04-28_15-41-53.png

We use reactions right across the community, the WHMCS.Community Leaderboard is built off reactions, each time a community user add a reaction to your posts it adds or subtracts points based on the reaction used, we also use this to gauge the most popular content on the community that we refer to in each Community Wrapup.  

Very soon, we'll also begin using reputation as a part of the Community Ranking structure this means the more reputation points you gain, the higher up the leaderboard you'll go, for a number of ranks, you'll need to get a certain level of reputation to "rank up" to a new level.

If you'd like to learn more about reactions or have suggestions for other reaction icons we could add, let us know!

7 minutes ago, Kian said:

Wait, what!? 🤨 What reactions remove reputation? 

like investments - reputations can go up as well as down... 🔃

I once got neg-repped because I replied in a thread that their issue was a long-standing bug that WHMCS hadn't bothered to fix... and I got the blame for telling them! lol

8 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Very soon, we'll also begin using reputation as a part of the Community Ranking structure this means the more reputation points you gain, the higher up the leaderboard you'll go, for a number of ranks, you'll need to get a certain level of reputation to "rank up" to a new level.

"very soon" ? it seems to have been very soon for a long time! you seem to have become infected by the WHMCS slowness bug! 🐛

8 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

If you'd like to learn more about reactions or have suggestions for other reaction icons we could add, let us know!

can I have access to a "this user has an unlicensed WHMCS  installation" reaction that neg reps them -100 points when I *know* (not suspect) that is the case? acharne.gif

or what about the likes on the welcome posts you write to new users being neutral - they probably account for about 200 of your point balance lol... (i'm only joking - i'm not bothered!). 🙂

1 minute ago, brian! said:

I once got neg-repped because I replied in a thread that their issue was a long-standing bug that WHMCS hadn't bothered to fix... and I got the blame for telling them! lol

I didn't know that. Are we talking about disappointing, crying, sad and confused reactions? Then I probably gave a lot of negative reputation unknowingly (including you 😀). I mean, when I read threads where people report bugs I use sad because the bug is sad. I've nothing against the author. Are you sure that it works in such a terrible way?

@WHMCS ChrisD We need Unicorns rank

Just now, Kian said:

I didn't know that. Are we talking about disappointing, crying, sad and confused reactions?

disappointing certainly deducts 1 reaction point... I just neg-repped you to test (then undid it!) 🙂

Chris will know for certain what the values for each are - some negate your balance, some are neutral and thanks/like increase it.

2 minutes ago, Kian said:

Then I probably gave a lot of negative reputation unknowingly (including you 😀).

I know.nrv2.gif

don't worry about it - the reputation levels are irrelevant... until Chris decides we can exchange them for $$$ 🙂

if a user was abusing the negative repping facility, I know that Chris would not look favourably upon it and act accordingly.

8 minutes ago, Kian said:

I mean, when I read threads where people report bugs I use sad because the bug is sad. I've nothing against the author. Are you sure that it works in such a terrible way?

sad is neutral - so using it won't affect a users reputation score one way or the other.

7 hours ago, Kian said:

Wait, what!? 🤨 What reactions remove reputation?

They do indeed, vBulletin had the same feature, it's just more present in Invision and allows us to provide more options

Like, Thanks, Haha, Party/Celebrate are all positive, Confused and Sad are Neutral whilst Crying & Disappointed are negative.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

don't worry about it - the reputation levels are irrelevant... until Chris decides we can exchange them for $$$ 🙂

The reputation levels are about introducing a "quick response and bit of fun" to the community, everyone will get a mix of positive and negative replies.  Whilst right now they don't count towards ranking in the community in the future they will, exchanging for $$$ won't happen, nice idea thou Brian!

3 hours ago, brian! said:

if a user was abusing the negative repping facility, I know that Chris would not look favourably upon it and act accordingly.

I do keep an eye on the usage, just like in the old community I do act when needed and remove users that are abusing the feature.

3 hours ago, Kian said:

@WHMCS ChrisD We need Unicorns rank

I'm open to all ideas!

19 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

The reputation levels are about introducing a "quick response and bit of fun" to the community, everyone will get a mix of positive and negative replies.

to demonstrate that... 🙂

UdpnbGy.png

19 hours ago, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Whilst right now they don't count towards ranking in the community in the future they will, exchanging for $$$ won't happen, nice idea thou Brian!

i'm quite prepared to accept conversions in any currency... monopoly notes are acceptable... at a stretch, even New Zealand Dollars. 🙂

B984-C86-E-E0-B1-452-C-84-D7-4-DEB597-C9