WHMCS Has a Bad Memory and Keeps Forgetting Me

On the WHMCS admin login page, even when I click the "remember me" box, if I come back just a little while later, I have to log-in all over again.. I understand that this is important for security, but it seems to have a very short memory..

What is the "remember me" length of time and can it be adjusted?

Edited by iHelpersLLC

9 hours ago, iHelpersLLC said:

On the WHMCS admin login page, even when I click the "remember me" box, if I come back just a little while later, I have to log-in all over again.. I understand that this is important for security, but it seems to have a very short memory..

are you actually being completely logged out by WHMCS, or are you in General Settings (or some other admin areas) where you periodically have to enter your password again to regain access ?

if the latter, jclarke posted a hook years ago to prevent that... I haven't used it in years, so don't know if it still works with the latest version...

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

This can also occur if a CDN such as CloudFlare is being used, as it changes the connecting IP to the server and can result in sessions being invalidated. The Disable Session IP Check setting mentioned above is a workaround, but will not resolve other potential issues in that case (such as fraud detection failing). As a result, a better solution is to configure WHMCS to detect the correct IP that the CDN is passing along and use it: https://docs.whmcs.com/Trusted_Proxy_Settings

On 4/26/2019 at 5:00 AM, iHelpersLLC said:

What is the "remember me" length of time and can it be adjusted?

I remember I had this issue a couple of months back but I can't even remember what I did to resolve it. It used to give me a lot of headache. I could almost login every after 3 minutes. Even mere playing an order for a client could take me a good couple of minutes. You start the process and by the time you click the button to place the order, system tells you to login. After login of course the order won't be saved coz the token is now invalid. Gash, my table and head really suffered coz I really used to bang them after a couple of logins. But now I'm also having such a short memory that I can't remember the solution I employed!

19 hours ago, brian! said:

are you actually being completely logged out by WHMCS, or are you in General Settings (or some other admin areas) where you periodically have to enter your password again to regain access ?

@brian! sometimes it's complete logout. It has ever happened to me. Though can't remember solution I employed.

18 hours ago, WHMCS Lawrence said:

This can also occur if a CDN such as CloudFlare is being used, as it changes the connecting IP to the server and can result in sessions being invalidated. The Disable Session IP Check setting mentioned above is a workaround, but will not resolve other potential issues in that case (such as fraud detection failing). As a result, a better solution is to configure WHMCS to detect the correct IP that the CDN is passing along and use it: https://docs.whmcs.com/Trusted_Proxy_Settings

True. I remember it used to disturb me a lot during those days when I was still using CloudFlare.