bulk pricing updates

snake

I need to bulk update pricing on products which uses configurable options.
If I use the bulk pricing updater, this doesn't seem to work, as it only seems to look at the TOTAL price rather than the configurable option price.

so if I need to update product x from 3.95 per user to 4.95 per user
This is only working for clients who ordered the product with only 1 x user, thus their total is 3.95
anyone who ordered multiple users, no update is made

Is there any way to solve this?

I have been using WHMCS for over 10 years now, and the bulk updater is still as rubbish as ever, can;t believe it still hasn't been improved.

Well, you could vote on the request for this but I doubt it will be in any release any time soon.  Did not find a module on a quick search.  As such, a custom solution would be needed, specifically an addon module that loops through services with the option that you are changing and does a recalculate on them.  Would have to test to confirm, but using the updateclientproduct API call with just "autorecalc" may do the trick. 

21 hours ago, steven99 said:

Well, you could vote on the request for this but I doubt it will be in any release any time soon ever.

i've fixed that for you. 🙂

22 hours ago, snake said:

I have been using WHMCS for over 10 years now, and the bulk updater is still as rubbish as ever, can;t believe it still hasn't been improved.

there are a few features with WHMCS that I wouldn't even play with in a dev - the Bulk Pricing Updater is definitely one of them... and especially with domains.

Did not find a module on a quick search.

only possibility that i'm aware of is the free Easy WHMCS addon...

This module allows admin to update price for multiple products with a single click and on the single screen.

i'm sure I tried the addon years ago, but uninstalled after a day (don't think I used it for bulk pricing changes though)...

As such, a custom solution would be needed, specifically an addon module that loops through services with the option that you are changing and does a recalculate on them.  Would have to test to confirm, but using the updateclientproduct API call with just "autorecalc" may do the trick. 

i'd go a along with that, though if you're changing CO prices, then change them first and then recalc... CO pricing isn't stored per hosting service, it's pulled from the current CO pricing that everyone uses - so if that changes, you should just need a recalc for the recurring price.

In WHMCS, if it can't do it you make it do it via hooks, addons, and other such custom modules. 

it's always surprised me that no one has produced a proper commercial replacement for the bulk pricing updater - it's like waiting for feature requests, in that you think that they should appear sometime soon, but they never do.

I have gone through every client manually and recalculated.

Luckily I didn't have very many on this occasion, but this could be a real nightmare if I was updating something that a lot of customers have  purchased.
WHMCS is used by thousands of hosts, some of them are HUGE providers, so I have to wonder how they have been dealing with this.