MailChimp Unsubscribe Issue Status

akust0m

Hi there!

Just checking to see if there is a fix for CORE-11819 yet? I checked the changelog but didn't find anything.

The issue being that customers don't get unsubscribed from MailChimp if they opt out of marketing emails in WHMCS.

It seems to be a fairly important issue that has been outstanding for some time now.

38 minutes ago, akust0m said:

Just checking to see if there is a fix for CORE-11819 yet? I checked the changelog but didn't find anything.

it hasn't been included in the v7.7 releases nor in the hotfixes...

The issue being that customers don't get unsubscribed from MailChimp if they opt out of marketing emails in WHMCS.

as I think outlined in the thread below...

It seems to be a fairly important issue that has been outstanding for some time now.

there's no way of knowing for sure, but I wouldn't expect a new WHMCS release now until May... if it's a major and not a maintenance release, then there'll be a beta or two and that would push the launch back by at least a month after the first beta.

of course, this could probably be hotfixed quite easily, but perhaps they're waiting until they have enough updates to justify a release.

sadly, and all too often with WHMCS, this seems to stem from them not testing features sufficiently before releasing them - I would have thought an unsubscribe feature that doesn't actually unsubscribe the user should have been noticed, but apparently not. 🙄