Creating an account for clients

snakekir

Question

Hello. Faced such a problem. Clients often want to pay before the automatic payment deadline, that is, the client wants to invoice himself for a certain period and also for a certain service
Perhaps there is already some kind of ready-made module, or are there other solutions?
thank

4 answers to this question

You could set the Next Due Date to today's date and then use the Generate Invoice to allow them to pay, or advise your clients to use "Add Funds" to load credit into their account that can be used when the service generates.  You may also find a third party module at https://marketplace.whmcs.com/ although I'm not aware of a module https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2302 or https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/342 may be usefule

Thank you for the answer. Yes, but this is all in manual mode through support.
For example: I am your customers with a monthly payment term, but I wanted to extend the service for another month, before the system billed me, and at the same time not to contact technical support. How can I do it?

In the modules offered by you, I did not find the functionality so that the client could create an account for himself. Can you help?

one of the WHMCS guys/gals should be able to confirm this is coming in a future release, but the WHMCS blog mentions the following feature to be added in 2019...

Next This year (2019), we will be aiming to deliver 3 major feature releases once again with core features and functionality driven through a combination of requests submitted and voted for via our feature requests site and direct feedback received from users at tradeshows and conferences.

Some initial targets for the first release of the new year include Multiple Payment Methods and On-Demand Renewals Support for Products and Services.

so I think what you want is coming in the next few months... but at the moment, you'd need an addon to do it.

So clients want to pay early on their upcoming service renewal without using the automated charging (if available in your setup)?  If so, the best built-in / out of the box approach is for them to use the add funds Chris mentioned above.   The funds would become credits that future invoices would then use before doing any automated charges or requiring manual payment.  Of course they would have to enter the correct amount to cover the upcoming invoice.

It could be possible to do a custom addon module to handle changing the due date and doing an invoice, but I can see that being more of an issue of keeping cycles correct and not under or overpaying.